I am no longer working full-time! *does touch down dance*
I am going to spend my entire day doing the following:
1. I am going to clean my kitchen and not clean it in the usual flurry of ‘grab a minute to do this’
2. I am going to wash laundry. And enjoy it.
3. I am going to listen to the radio. All day.
4. I am going to be able to sit and write now without feeling pulled in so many different directions.
5. I might nap. Just because.
6. I can let my kids talk at normal volume after school, because I’m not going to be on calls.
7. I wrote a column for today and enjoyed the process instead of rushing through it to slap something up quickly.
I am really excited! While it’s better to be employed in this economy than not, I am really looking forward to what normally non-exciting jobs I used to brush off as being “mom stuff”. I am actually excited to sort socks, to go grocery shopping and to clean my kitchen without worrying I might miss a meeting.
This is great stuff! Normalcy. Socks. Dishes. Blogging.
And my kids have never been happier.
Me, I’m looking forward to nothing (meaning no work).
What are you looking forward to this week?