Oopsie Rolls

One of my weaknesses is the Wendy’s Baconator Sandwich. Still, at more carbs than I care to admit to, the bun is an ultimate evil; and, unfortunately, I just don’t like my Wendy’s burger without a bun.

Thanks to a mistake I made when making the Dr Atkins Revolution Rolls, I don’t have to deal with this bunless ordeal any longer.

Not only do my version of the Atkins Revolution rolls hold up to a burger as hefty as a Wendy’s Baconator, but it doesn’t fall apart, is surprisingly sturdy, but isn’t eggy in flavor. It was as though I still had my bun. My fingers never became greasy, and the bread didn’t crumble in my hands.

This is the miracle you’ve been waiting for. Whether your poison is a Wendy’s burger or a Red Robin guacamole burger, you can sub out their high-carb buns for these babies.

Life shouldn’t be about total deprivation; but if you’re going to low-carb it, make some of my Gluten-Free Oopsie Rolls in advance and have them ready to go when the mood strikes you.

If you are following Atkins, this recipe is induction-friendly.

Need some added tips? Try these! Want an image tutorial? Try this.

Oopsie Rolls (Gluten-Free Buns)

3 large eggs
pinch of cream of tartar (1/8 tsp)
3 ounces cream cheese (Do not soften)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.

Separate the eggs and add cream cheese to the yolks. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you’re using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture). Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly.

Bake about 30 minutes (You want them slightly softer, not crumbly). Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool. Store in a loosely open sack and allow to rest on the counter before use (otherwise they might be too moist). Can be frozen.

Notes: If you are making these to be savory (for burgers) you can add dry mustard and dill or other seasonings to the yolk mixture. If you want a more sweet roll, add a very small amount of stevia natural sweetener to the yolk mixture.

Makes 6 Induction Friendly, Gluten-Free rolls.

Nutritional information per roll: Calories:85 , Carbohydrates: .6 g, Fiber: 0g, Net Carbohydrates: .6g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 7.5

Picture: No more lettuce wraps. Wendy’s Baconator on an oopsie roll.

Comments

1. OMG!!! These were great. I was a bit aprehensive at first but i'm so impressed…..nothing beats a burger bun but these come pretty darn close

2. These were awesome! I just made a Parmesan Garlic and Oregano Oopsie that was to die for!

I used 4 eggs and 4 oz cream cheese plus a pinch of cream of tartar . I followed the recipe and incorporated into the yolk mixture:

2 tbsp. Kraft Parmesan cheese (go for the cheap stuff here)
    a pinch of garlic salt
    1/2 tsp dried oregano plus 2 tsp. chopped fresh oregano if you have it.

These explode in your mouth with flavor.

To make the folding of the egg whites easier,
    lighten" the yolk mix by stirring 1/4 of the beaten egg whites into it until it is evenly distributed. Then fold the rest of the whites into the "lightened" mix.

3. Lexi's Omi says:

Thanks! Made these tonight & they look just like your picture. :)

Query; have you used one or two Ooopaie rolls for your burger?

4. cleochatra says:

Great question! I use two.

5. danyelle6974 says:

Great post! Thanks again! You're helping me alot with your recipes. I have been combing your blog as I am trying to stick to an Atkins induction type diet (but with an emphasis on extra saturated and fat eggs for superior nutrition).

6. THANK YOU for sharing your oopsie recipe. I have fallen hard for them. So versatile. My favorite is making them into low carb cream puffs….yum!!!! also, love to read your site…you're a hoot!

7. I have my very first batch of Oopsie Rolls in the oven as I type and I wondered have you , or do you know of anyone who has, tried these with garlic and cheese like the Red Lobster garlic cheddar biscuits?

Just a thought and wondered if anyone had tried it. I love your blog and keep an eye out for new recipes to try!

8. danyelle6974 says:

Hello,
    I used 100g cream cheese (full fat philadelphia type supermarket own brand).
    3 large eggs
    10g almond flour (ground almonds blanched)
    1/2 tsp cream of tartar
    1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
    1 tsp garlic powder
    2 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp salt
    dash of sweetner (equiv to 1/2 tsp sugar)

The reason I added the almond flour is because I tried the oopsie crepes and they were a bit omelette-like (probably the supermarket cream cheese I'm using) and I helped my crepe mix by adding a bit of almond flour.

I did as you said with the method (all the same apart from I didn't have baking powder so I put in the cream of tartar in the egg whites and the bicarb in the yolk mix).

Even after I folded the yolk mix into the whites the mixture was really really puffy!

I just dolloped it (6 dollops per baking tray – the mixture made 8 dollops in all so they were about bap size) and baked for 30 mins. They stuck to the tray so I scraped them off and turned them over and grilled them to toast the scraped-off side a bit.

My hubby and I just ate them and they were fab! I had fried bacon and egg baps and he had bacon and grilled cheddar cheese baps. (2 oopsie baps per sandwich).

Perfect. Really like one of those light fluffy MacDonald type white bread buns – the type that mush to nothing when you're squeezing your burger while eating it, especially when you've put on too much ketchup!

• Just wondering– Can you use reduced fat cream cheese? Or even *gasp* fat-free? I usually have some Neufchâtel lying around.

• You certainly can. I have been told that the change does change the texture of the rolls, so keep that in mind. The fat really adds that oomph.

• Fat free is awful for you. High in carbs. Use the real thing. Low anything puts you at risk for type 2 diabetes

• I agree with Margaux! go for the real thing, because the faux stuff isn’t what they crack it up to be , there is a lot less crap in the real thing.

• Ladies, you missed the whole point! The natural buns are full of glucose (sugar), so if you want type II diabetes, just keep eating those “natural” buns. These are not intended to be low fat buns, they are intended to be low carb. Carbs convert to SUGAR! Don’t post if you don’t understand a low carb eating plan.

9. I love GOD! says:

This was VERY easy to make! I have never tried to bake anything (other than premade mixes) and these came out moist, yet firm, and very breadlike! I didn't have a wire rack and they still came out very good! Followed directions didn't even need to read the tips and tricks :) I subbed fat free cream cheese because I didn't want all the cals from the full fat cream cheese :)

• I have been having full fat everything and losing weight, I don’t count or worry about calories at all, because if you are following any low carb you are eating things that will naturally help you lose or keep the weight off, fat free doesn’t make it a better choice, especially cause most of fat free has hidden sugar and crap that full fat doesn’t have.
      just sayin! :) good luck

10. Looked easy enough, but I guess I am just not a cook! Mine was just too watery and I don't think it's going to turn out right. :(

• Heather says:

I just did the same exact thing :(

• tralena harris says:

mines too :( i’m not understand what im doing wrong

• I made some tonight that were watery, it all was one big mess and tasted awful :(

• You might be a super-taster if the flavors aren’t there for you. I know these aren’t for everyone flavorwise, but they’re to be delicate in taste so as to not overwhelm the palate and to allow the food on them to shine.

Per watery mess, I typically spoon my batter into mini Wilton Cake pans and they come out better.

• The problem you all are having is that the egg whites have to be beaten till they form STIFF peaks. That means when you pull the blender out they should be pointy, not folded over. Also, when you mix the yellow part in, you don’t use the blender you have to fold it in with a spatula and even then be careful not to over mix and break down the whites. They’ll taste great and be fluffy if you do it this way! Good luck!

• I was looking forward to making these. Followed directions exactly…but it looked more like soup. There was no possible way these could go into the oven. Terrible :(

• Hi, Yolie! Some oopsies, despite best efforts, end up being poured into a jellyroll pan and baked into flat pieces of bread. The upside? French toast!

• I just made this and you have to be very careful when folding the two together to keep them light and airy. I have to say I did let my cream cheese soften a little and they are more like a pancake. I guess if you don’t soften it, they are harder like a hamburger bun? I’ll have to try that. Has anyone tried adding chocolate?

11. ladydi69 says:

I feel so fortunate to have stumbled onto your site. The recipes ROCK and your blogs are very fun to read. Now….about these oopsies…first I somehow always have trouble when I try to follow a recipe. My rolls came out quite flat and very dry/brown on the bottom. It looks like yours are much fluffy and thicker. Is it possible to beat the egg whites too long?

I have not given up though. I have my 2nd batch dinging right now. I have baked them 10 min. adding 2 minutes at a time until they are golden like yours.

Well, these seem to be a bit fluffier.

Do you have any ideas I can use the first batch for? I did add a little garlic powder so something like pancakes is out of the question…

Thanks again for all your time and delicious recipes!

12. ladydi69 says:

Is it possible to beat the whites too long? Mine ended up much flatter after they were baked compared to yours, which looks nice and fluffy. Also, mine are dry and kind of tasteless. Any help?

Thanks for all you do. Your recipes ROCK. Made the pizza tonight! It is so awesome!

• If there is any fat in the egg whites they won’t hold air and will be runny. This can come from the egg yolk or unclean utensils.

13. These are great! I only made 2 oopsies using 1 egg and 1 ounce of cream cheese to see if I would like the rolls.. Had it today with my cheeseburger and OMG! I felt like I was cheating. I will be making more.. Thanks.

14. these are amazing! thank you sooo much!
    i was dying for a 'real' cheeseburger with a bun!!!

dianna

15. Folks it is more like…you did not beat them egg whites ..enough.. when checking.. take beater from the bowl.. turn that bowl upside down.. if the whites start to slip.. beat more.. you should be able to hold that bowl upside down and the whites stay in the bowl….

• Thank you for the tip. It was exactly what I was doing wrong. I was only getting the top of the egg whites whipped but underneath was still liquid. So this time I whipped them until it stuck and they came out perfect.

16. danyelle6974 says:

I agree.

Also, use hen's eggs.

I was getting a load of ducks eggs until recently and I was using those, but the hen's eggs white are better because they seem to whisk stiffer.

Whisk it like you're making a meringue. It works. They puff up even more n the oven.

I use some of those egg rings to make perfectly round ones.

I had some which puffed up so much I used one a a cream bun. I made the recipe with a little sweetner and vanilla (and no mustard or onion powder) and I was able to stuff them full of whipped cream, and top which choc ganache. I left them in the fridge and the next day they were like a cream bun. Totally awesome and hardly any carbs. But this is best if you pile up the whites as high as possible so that you fill one oopsie with cream by making a hole in it and piping or stuffing it full, rather than making a sandwich if you see what I mean.

I also tried some in a long sausage shape to make eclairs and it worked!

17. This are so easy to make and so so so so so so so so GOOD!!!

18. How do you keep the roll from sticking to the roof of you mouth when you eat them. It was nice to have with a hotdog. It was a bit bland. Next time I would add more seasoning. Toasting it just made it crumbly.

19. Baconator on Oopsies! I am in heaven!

20. Gluten-Free Cherokee says:

Thank you for this recipe! I have searched for a GF bun substitute. They are all bad. I made this tonight and for the first time in 18 months I had a burger with bread. And it was good. Who knew it could be so easy? I have already passed the recipe on to other GF family. My daughter who does not have to be GF always complains, but this time asked for me to make more.

21. Gluten-Free Cherokee says:

This is the most amazing recipe! I had a friend send me the link to your blog because I have to be gluten-free. I haven't had a hamburger on a bun in 18 months. I thought I'd give it a try and YUM! My daughter hates GF and she wanted me to make more! Thank you for posting this. I am in GF heaven!

22. Incredible. I used Adriana's Parm Garlic Oregano version, and they were a pretty decent substitute.

23. Wow! These are amazing! I'm eating one right now with some butter and sugar free jam. What a treat to feel like I'm eating a big hunk of bread!!

24. these look great,but I just found out I'm allergic to dairy. Is there any substitution for the cream cheese?
    thanks for your postings and creativity.

25. these look great,I'm sad though because I just found out I'm allergic to dairy.Is there any dairy free/ low carb substitute for the cream cheese?
    Thanks for your postings and creativity.
    Peace

26. Jamie aka Carbarella says:

Hi, Gary! I have heard the possibilities of soy cheese, but I've never tried it. I'm not sure how soy would perform in place of the cream cheese. If you try it, would you let me know? Frankly, I don't see why something else couldn't be used.

27. I just stumbled upon your recipe for oopie rolls, and I am amazed. This could be a low carb life changer. Thanks.

28. Thrifty Chica says:

These are awesome! Just wanted to mention that I did not have cream of tartar and didn't wanna go to the store, so I substituted apple cider vinegar (per a substitution recommendation I found via google search) and they worked great! I could not taste the vinegar, and I would probably even use the oopsie rolls I made for something sweet like French toast without a problem. Thanks for the recipe! I'm so excited to try out all the variations (used mine for a burger patty today yummm)

29. Jamie aka Carbarella says:

Sorry about that. Something glitched in the link. It's definitely fixed now.

30. Flax and Sesame Oopsies:
    Adding another egg and a bunch of flax meal made a very substantial oopsie that was amazingly breadlike!
    4 eggs
    3 oz cream cheese
    2 Tbsp Greek Yogurt
    pinch salt
    toasted sesame seeds

Whip whites
    Mix yolks, cream cheese, Greek yogurt and salt. Aim for pancake batter consistency (adjusting with more or less yogurt). Fold mixture into whites. Coat tops with toasted sesame seeds.
    bake at 325 for 30 min, rotate tray and bake another 15 minutes.

Thanks for sharing your Oopsie discovery with the world Jamie!

• So these look great…and the reviews are great…but mine didn’t come out so great. They were VERY eggy…like pretending that an omelet is bread…and when i stored them, they stuck together and basically just fell apart and got really gooey. What did i do wrong?? They LOOKED right…but didn’t end up right somehow.

• They might need to dry slightly more for greater firmness, but they are essentially a meringue-type bread. For more oomph, you could also add some protein powder or flax seed meal (or almond flour) to the batter.

31. thanks so much for this recipe!
    totally delish!
    question about freezing, do you heat them back up in the oven after?
    can you put it in the toaster?
    if i refridgerate them how long will they last?
    can i refridgerate?

• I defrost 2 in the microwave for 10 seconds and then put them under the griller. Watch carefully as they burn easily but it works a treat. When I take them to sewing class I sit them on the window ledge in the sun and it dries them sufficiently and warms them slightly……very nice with a salad for lunch. The girls call them my “fluffies”. How dare they.
      The one problem I have is that they rise like mountains in the oven and then sink like stones. Perhaps I cook them for too long, although having said that, if you don’t cook them for long enough, they stick to the roof of your mouth. All in all they are fantastic and I’ve made many batches.
      Thanks for the recipes, I just love them.

32. Jamie aka Carbarella says:

Hey there! Toaster: I wouldn't recommend it. After freezing you can reheat or just use once they get to room temp–waiting for room temp is better. I'd say 6 months in the freezer and up –maybe 2 weeks. :^D

33. I Screwed up on the egg whites when I was making oopise rolls. I think I got a little yoke in them. Anyways I beat in 2 tsp of coca powder, 1 single packet of hazelnut flavored splenda and the creme of tartar was already in it. I poured five circle on a gressed pan at 300 and cooked for about 5 min. They came out like a chocolate crepe that has the consistacy of cake. Use your imagination but would be so good as a desert.

34. anyone have any idea how many carbs a baconator will have without the bun?

35. these turned out great until i stored them…i put them in a large ziplock bag and the next day they turned soggy more like a pastry…

i had the ziplock bag opened partially because instructions said to do so with a sack..i dont have one, what should i use instead of ziplock?

i put a paper towel in the ziplock for now to try to absorb the moisture

• HonoraryOrange says:

I know this was from over a year ago, but people are still reading this, so I’ll reiterate this here: Do not store them in plastic baggies. Put them between napkins or paper towels and then put them in a plastic bag like you get from the store and just lightly close it, do not tighten it up. They’ll stay nice and moist without getting too nuts.

• I put two in a ziplock bag, separated with baking paper and put a piece of baking paper each side so it doesn’t touch the plastic. Squeeze out all the air and then freeze, I’ve never had a problem. Hope that helps.

• Coffee filters work great too…

36. These were fantastic!!! I added some onion powder to mine and did sub apple vinegar for the cream of tarter. Came out great! Shared it with others who are low carbing it! These will be a staple for us!!!!

37. My journey says:

Hi Cleo, I was wondering if you would mind if I can post these on messageboard that I post on, alot of people do lowcarb and I think they would enjoy these.

38. Jamie aka Carbarella says:

Sure! Would you mind linking back so people can find the blog and other recipes, too? Thank you! I am so glad you think these might help others!

39. Laurie says:

I am making my very first batch right now. I am a baker so the process was very easy for me. I added 'herbs de prevence' and some asiago cheese. Still baking but they smell wonderful!!

40. Khadijah says:

Thanks so much for sharing this! I have done Atkins and was never satisfied with the bread substitutes until now. This recipe is so stinkin easy and SOOOOO satisfying! Thank you for helping me feel like I can eat "normally" again after breaking my addiction to bread!!!

41. April @ The Painted Cupboard says:

These are fantastic!! I just happened to find this recipe when googlong flourless bread and then stumbled upon your blog! Thanks for all the yummy recipes….also, these also make incredible grilled cheese sandwiches! I can't wait to try all the other ideas you have come up with :) thanks!

42. This recipe rocked! I am NOT a baker and I was able to create rolls that looked very similar to the picture! YOU RULE! no more lettuce wraps for me! and when the office is having a bagel/Carb loaded throw down GUESS who's bring the oopsie rolls! BOOYAH!!!! Even my kids like them!!! YEAH!

43. estherbeads says:

Okay, I'm finding this two years later, but it's still a great idea. Gonna try making them tomorrow. I'm thinking these would be great for Passover too!

Note to Gary: try that Tofutti cream cheese, I bet it will work.

44. estherbeads says:

Okay, I'm finding this two years later, but it's still a great idea! I'm gonna try making them tomorrow.

I'm thinking these would be great for Passover, too. Thanks!

45. I am not sure what i did wrong. I tried to follow exactly what it said, but when I put mine on the cookie sheet they went flat! Scraped them off and put them into muffin tins. The timer is on so we shall see. I didn't have cream cheese, but I found a site that said to sub cottage cheese that was pureed. Maybe that is the problem?

46. Jamie aka Carbarella says:

Cottage cheese is definitely slightly different than cream cheese, which contains gums. I usually use Mini Wilton cake pans to pour the batter into for buns that look the same and have slightly more heft to them.

47. My first batch of Oopsies stuck to my old cookie sheets (even with Pam). I bought some Wilton Elite non-stick cookie sheets that are GREAT (10 year warranty). I feel better about ditching the Pam, too. Now that sticking problems are solved, Oopsies have become a staple in our house. Thanks for the fantastic recipe!

48. For those of you with a dairy issue, you can use 3tbs of mayo instead of the cream cheese (that's what I do). I also add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to the yolks. It makes them taste exactly like the buns at BK.

49. Jamie aka Carbarella says:

So true! I've also heard soy cheese might be a good substitute for the cream cheese.

50. Hi, what a easy recipe to make and enjoy the Gluten free ones.Thanks buddy.Gluten Free

51. Jamie aka Carbarella says:

Thank you, David!

52. Unknown says:

Just made a batch. I poured the batter into a cake – loaf pan and baked 45 mins on 350. Awesome. Also, added 2 tbs of cocoanut four.
    fantastic. thx for the receipe

53. Robyn Liz says:

I'm going to try these today and can't wait! Do you think that they could be ground up in a food processor and substituted for breadcrumbs?

54. Fluffykitten says:

I made some oopsie rolls today, and they were great, the only problem I'm having is that the bottom of my buns stays white as snow (yes, bottom and buns in one sentence, hehe), so I have to flip them over and give them an additional 5 minute bake. What am I doing wrong? :)

55. Jamie aka Carbarella says:

Hi, there! You could try it, but I'm thinking pork rinds (flavored) make a better overall breading.Let me know if you try it! :)

56. Jamie aka Carbarella says:

The buns won't necessarily brown on the bottom. They seem to brown more where exposed to the air–like a meringue. :D

57. Judie Ann says:

I am not the greatest chef in the world and after I finally got the whites to peak once, I added the cream cheese mixture it kinda fell… But it was fine… I greased a pan and poured in the mixture and baked until golden brown on top. Took it out of the oven cut into squares and put the brown side down on the sheet and baked until the remaining side was golden brown… so even with what I thought was a fail, turned out pretty awesome and was great!

58. Jamie aka Carbarella says:

Judie Ann, isn't that great? With that you can make french toast works, bread and hot dog buns!

59. Dawn Farias says:

Hi! I got here from a post on Twitter. Just wanted to say that my son was on a low carb diet that controlled his seizures (Modified Atkins for Seizures) and I made rolls like this for his lunch sandwiches for almost the entire 3.5 years he was on the diet. When it came to burgers he preferred them plain, though. My recipe, like yours, was just a modification of the Atkins rolls.

Have a great day!

60. Jamie aka Carbarella says:

Hi, Dawn! Bless you, mom! We have gluten intolerance here, so while ours wasn't as severe (seizures), it has been a blessing to have something as an alternative! How's your son doing now?

61. I finally made these yesterday, and I was amazed at how easy they were to make. I'm always apprahensive about anything involving beaten egg whites, but these were truly a breeze. My son and husband were thrilled to have "real" sandwiches in their lunchboxes today.

62. Jamie aka Carbarella says:

I am so happy to hear it! Yay for lunches!

63. Wow these turned out awesome! I made them plain exactly according to the recipe just to see how it turned out.

One thing I did do slightly different was use some tiny tart tins on the cookie shit, so my buns were perfectly formed and a nice thickness. I highly suggest this!

When I first tasted them plain I thought 'meh'. They don't taste like much. But they didn't taste bad, just very very bland.

Then I put a burger inside with lettuce, tomato, some garlic mayo and cheese. And.. HOLY COW! They were suddenly amazing. They felt like bread, and even tasted like it as I ate the burger.

Some other things I noticed:
    I put them in the open sack over night and they were kind of sticky this morning. So I brought my 2 buns into work and let them sit on a napkin for ~2 hours and they dried out perfectly and didn't stick to my fingers or anything else at all.

I've already got 2 more batches planned.. one Italian with all the seasonings and then I'm going to try one of the mustard variations I've seen posted.

64. Happy Dance!!! I just made a batch of these as a precursor to pizza tomorrow night, and I loved how they came out. They remind me of the German egg pancakes my Mom used make, Nockerlins, but with more versatility.

I mixed mine up by adding a tiny pinch of sea salt & a Tbs of butter to the yolk mixture. Then to half I added shredded mozzarella cheese & a sprinkle of garlic. The other half I added a pinch of stevia in the raw, a drop of almond extract & a sprinkle of almonds (Ok, & 3 semi-swt choc chips! I'm so naughty). They all turned out fab!

I can't wait to experiment more & do more variations. Oh, and they actually got a thumbs up from my uber-picky family. Yay!

65. ancalimesh says:

Thank you sooo much for the recipe!!!

My MIMs turned out good, but I wasn't too keen on the taste.

But even though I totally over-read the 3-5 Min. part they look more like pancakes, but so what. :) Was just the first try and an amazing way to already get one egg in in the morning.
    Something that doesn't work any other way. ^^

So thank you so, so much for this amazing recipe. The oopsie pizza is next…

66. scratch-made wife says:

These made my Sunday morning. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

67. Your Lighter Side says:

That makes my whole evening. Thank you so much!

68. Thank you so much! This is the first version I’ve been able to make. I thought I had beat the eggs too long, but I hadn’t done it enough and they are turning out perfectly! Cooking in my oven right now. Now I think I need to have a burger tonight in your honor. :D I’m also trying to mayo version.

• I am so glad you’re giving them a go. May your buns serve you as they have served me. Well, my buns served me… Yours are serving you…

69. Just discovered this old post and I made the Oopsie rolls ASAP. Yum!!!! I topped mine with some leftover fish from last night’s fish tacos, but it was SOOO good that I devoured another Oopsie right after. Deeelish.

P.S. I got super nervous when my “dough” fell flat on my cookie pan, but was relieved when I saw them puff up in the oven. Should I have taken them out then? I decided to leave it in and they fell flat and got a little brownish on top, but I still found them super yummy.

70. Thank you, Thank you, simply Yummy!!! I live in Ireland so there is nothing Low Carb you can buy. I made these for my lunch for today – but we ended up having two last night soo easy!!

71. Thank you so much, these are awesome. I am so glad I kept my large muffin top tin. It worked great. These will be a staple at our house now.

72. Just thought I’d let you know that I pinned this recipe.

73. I dont like the taste of cream cheese, how much can you taste it in the roll?

Thanks! :)

74. I made these but the mixture was way too runny and when I poured it on the baking sheet it spread out all over. Any idea what I did wrong?

• Hi, Sarah! That definitely can happen. When they are runnier than usual, you could use cupcake pans or muffin top pans for baking. You can also use mini Wilton type cake pans for larger bread size, or use the wide, flat patties for pancakes, french toast, hot dog buns or wraps! The other idea is that you can use the more solid batter to form “mashed potato” type mounds, and then spoon the runnier liquid into the center impressions as you would gravy to hold the liquid in place.

• I’m so glad I read this before trying the recipe. I used the “mashed potato” formula, and they came out gorgeous and puffy even though the last quarter of the batter was runny. Can’t wait to try them…

• Sometimes even with the shipping, the batter can come out slightly runny. That’s when it’s so nice to have those Mini Wilton cake pans to pour into.

• I actually ate TWO of them this morning. One with bacon and cheese, and the second with a fresh sliced tomato from my garden (because I’ve been dying to eat them not plain or in salad) and spicy mayo. I only added a little garlic salt to the recipe, but they were delicious, not eggy at all. I’m not a really big bread person, honestly, but it’s funny, this is the first time I’ve felt sure that I can do low carb long term — for life, if necessary. Thank you, hugely, thank you. :o)

• Hi, Tanya! You have made me ridiculously happy with your sharing! I am so super-pleased that this recipe has been a boon for you, and hearing that I may have helped you stay the course is all the proof that I need that I’m doing the right thing in taste-testing all of these recipes. There are a ton of recipes on the site, all based on oopsie rolls, so be sure to check the recipes tab at the top and go to “oopsie based recipes.” All induction-friendly recipes are also marked.

75. OMG, just finished making a batch of these and I am almost crying tears of happiness right now. I am such a sandwich freak and have been missing sandwiches for a long time. These came out perfectly and the only change I made was adding a few shakes of garlic salt to the egg yolk mixture.

A few of the rolls came out too thin, I am not sure why but my final batter was a bit runny. Maybe I broke down the whites more than I should have, I tried not to!

Anyway, the ones that did come out were gorgeous and delicious and I just polished off a turkey, cheese, and avocado sammie that ROCKED!

Jamie, you are amazing, thanks so much for making Atkins so easy and delicious!!

• Allie, I am sincerely happy. Thank you so much for letting me know! That’s why I do what I do. To hear experiences like this!

• Wendy Stanton says:

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I feel like prayers have been answered!!! I was so happy to see this recipe! I made a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich with mine….tonight I may use one as garlic bread to eat with a low carb lasagna recipe I found on another site ;)

76. I made this tonight and poured the batter into muffin tins. In half of them I added cooked turkey breast and brie, and the other half mini bundles of bacon wrapped asparagus (I cut the asparagus into 3rds, dunked it in a mug of boiling water for a couple minutes and then tied them with a half strip of bacon). Delicious!! The brie is a bit strong for my liking, so I think next time I would do a different cheese for that one. The bacon/asparagus was amazing! They were a bit runny from the grease, so I popped them under the broiler for a few extra minutes and then let them cool on some paper towel. My (super picky eater) husband has already requested ham & cheddar and turkey-bacon-swiss for the next time! Thanks so much for the recipes!!

77. Mine came out a little mushy in the middle … thinking either they needed another 5 minutes or perhaps I should have flattened them more. Either way, I can do better next time.

I finally found a decent honey mustard recipe today as well so tonight I had a chicken breast/blt topped with honey mustard on these rolls and it was really good. I put a little shredded lettuce on the roll so the sauce wouldn’t make it soggy, layered a thin chicken breast, bacon, tomato slice, some honey mustard and then a little more shredded lettuce. I could barely eat it, I’m stuffed!

• Beth, that sounds seriously yummy! The oopsies sound like a wee bit more time is in order. I’m at a slightly higher altitude, so things here sometimes cook a tiny bit faster.

78. Emmie Sings says:

I am SO HAPPY to have found your recipe. I’ve made several oopsies ove the course of the past week. I’ve made them plain, with carmelized onions & sea salt (to taste like a traditional “onion roll”), with herbs and parmesan for a foccacia taste- I even made them into mini pizzas- everything from fresh spinach & feta, to plain sauce & cheese, and even chicken bacon ranch! This receipe has been a LIFESAVER for me being Celiac and quite frankly not liking any of the gluten-free breads and pizza shells out on the market. THANK YOU SO MUCH! My next conquest is to figure out how to use these in my daughter’s breakfast treat I used to make for her- peanutbutter french toast stuffed with bananas and honey. Hopefully they will work!!!!

• That sounds really yummy! I am with you; I haven’t been a huge fan o the gluten free products out there so far. There are a lot of great products, but in the end, I’m just stubborn and want what I want, which tends to be little grains and not more. I hope you’ll poke around the site some more and check out the recipes! I have over 300 now, and 99% of them are gluten free.

79. These are really good! Even though I didn’t whip the egg whites quite long enough, I was afraid of breaking them down by overmixing. I’ll do a better job on the next batch. They were mostly flat but had a wonderful taste and no eggy flavor. I am over the moon at the thought of all the things that can be done with these. Thank you for making low carb easier for a hectic life. With your wonderful recipes, there’s no need to eat anything with carbs ever again!

• Thank you, Amy! I really love how versatile this recipe it. You can do so many things with it. I am so glad you took the time to write and to share your experience with me. Here’s to many years of breadless bread happiness.

80. Just tried these. SO EXCITED! But, things went horribly wrong. Maybe I didn’t beat the egg whites enough (the oopsies came out really flat and smushed all together). Also, I think I baked it too long (they ended up like hard cookies). I think this is a great recipe with a lot of promise and amazing versatility. So, I will keep practicing!! P.S. I have not done a ton of baking in my life.

• Meg– the good news is that even when oopsies fall flat, you still end up with a bread that you can use for anything from panininis to french toast to even stuffing! I keep some Mini Wilton cake pans for those occasions when my oopsies don’t set up, and find that having those small containers make for fuss-free, nonstick baking. If you have the space in your cabinets for a few, they’re worth it! One batch of oopsies makes six buns in those.

81. I loveliest says:

Hello!

Love, love LOVE your oopsie rolls! I fried some tonight in butter (we love fried bread/eggy bread here in the UK) and it was lovely! Crispy and melt in the mouth at the same time…. Thanks again for sharing, your blog is brilliant! X

82. ellsbells says:

Brilliant, not quite bread but a great substitute, I hope you don’t mind me pinning this, They seemed to taste a bit eggy and were quite moiste yesterday but i left them out and today they were dryer and I think a better texture and less eggy, maybe needed a bit longer in my about dead cooker, . Thankyou!!!

• Thanks so much for the Pinterest love! I appreciate it! I am with you. They rock hard when they have some time to dry out and age a wee bit.

83. Wonderful! For the first time since Jan 1st, I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Also a hot dog with a “bun”. Thank you for this wonderful recipe!!!!

• Ann, I am so happy you like the result of the recipe! Yay! Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know!

84. cathriona says:

I tried these last night and used ricotta as my cream cheese – i obviously didn’t pay attention and did something wrong – they did not work for me but I will give it another go as so many folks seem to love them. nor even very bready – just flat and stuck to the tray but I will crumble as a topping on my salad for lunch!

• If you keep parchment paper on hand, it really helps with the sticking! You can use the flatties as French toast if they’re stiff, or as a foldable wrap if it’s bendy. I also use the stale oopsies to make a bread stuffing!

85. Megan S says:

I was skeptical, because I’d tried an ‘oopsie’ recipe with cottage cheese (instead of cream cheese) and they turned out pretty poorly (too spongy, half stuck to the pan, never hardened over time). These are soooo much better, thank you!

• And to think–that was due to my inattentiveness in the kitchen! I remember eating the original Rev. Rolls in the 80′s. Soya flour and cottage cheese… I was mad at my parents for days. lol

86. I made my first batch tonight. I thought that it made 6 rolls but it looks more like 3 tops and 3 bottoms…I can’t imaging slicing them in half. They seemed thicker when I put them in the oven than when they came out. The egg whites were certainly as still as they can get and I folded a little at a time…they did seem higher when I put them on the pans, but they are quite thin now. Should I still try and slice them in half? not sure it would hold a burger, but you know better than I.

• Don’t slice them in half, Julie. You’re right–one is the top and one is the bottom. They do tend to fall post-baking. That’s super normal.

87. I ♥ this recipe! I am so thankful I found it!!! I also make a loaf of bread with it too! I use 4 eggs, 4 oz cream cheese and 1/2 t cream of tartar. Beat the egg whites until VERY stiff and thick. The stiffer they are, the less they break down! Then beat the yolks and cream cheese until VERY smooth and VERY thick! Then, gently fold them together and pour into a greased (I spray mine), standard sized bread pan. Bake at 300 until golden brown. Cool ALL THE WAY before slicing or it will fall. I store mine in a dish towel on the counter. Enjoy!

• What a fabulous way to make the bread, DK! Does it hold up for slicing and sandwiches? If so, that’s pretty terrific. I appreciate you letting me know how you make yours.

88. Delonie says:

1. DK – That is a GREAT idea! I will definitely try that!

2. I would like to add baking powder to mine, how much should I add to the recipe? Does anybody know? I’ve seen where several people have mentioned putting it in theirs (& I think it would help mine) but the recipe doesn’t state how much to add!
    Thanks!

• Hi, Delonie. How about a tsp of baking powder? I wouldn’t think you would need any more than that.

89. OMG I just tried these for the first time today and they are FABULOUS! This is literally the first time I’ve ever separated eggs (clearly I don’t bake much) and they came out just great. I think I could stand to beat the whites a bit more, but overall they are very bread-like. They taste a tiny bit cheesy to me (a little hard to break an 8oz bar of cream cheese into 3 oz pieces!), but I cannot WAIT to make a grilled cheese with these! I think I may try DK’s loaf idea.

90. OMG! I LOOOOOOOOOVE these!
    Thanks for bringing handheld happiness back into my diet!

91. You should know I tried to microwave these, and it worked enough to put it on my blog.

I gave you credit for the original recipe though.
    You can see it here.

• I love it! I haven’t tried microwaving yet, but who knows? I might be up against the clock someday with a need for a quick set of buns. :D

92. Ok I thought I’m chime in here and let any other dudes know that if I can make these…you can! Mine turned out just like the pics so that’s a good thing…I’m gonna make a burger here in a bit and with my lettuce, tomato, cheese and garlic mayo I’m gonna be in heaven! Thanks for the recipe!

The only thing I might do next time is add a pinch of garlic or onion seasoning…maybe both. Do you think that would affect the success of the recipe?

• I am so glad yours have been what the doctor ordered (Doctor Kevin, that is). I think that would definitely zhoozh the recipe, Kevin, especially for people who think they might not like the flavor. I love adding dill to mine.

93. Love these! Very light and airy. GF for a year and now LC so these are a treat to find. Have made them four times now and successful each time. Getting those egg whites really stiff is the key.

Had an egg salad sandwich for our 4th of July picnic. Just did like you said…put two oopsies in a Baggie then let them air out a bit before I plopped on the egg salad.

A Big THANK YOU for introducing me to the world of Oopsies.
    Judith

94. Ok, I don’t have the time to read all the post to see if my questions have already been answered, so forgive me if these have already been ask!

1. Can you double/triple/quadruple the batch?
    2. Can you freeze them, if so for how long?

To to many questions :)

Thanks.
    Jenny

• You can make bigger batches, for sure, and you can also freeze these for I’m sure easily up to a month (mine never last that long)…

95. Lori Ludlam says:

I do not have a full mixer, just a hand one. will this work just as well? also, the cream of tartar, is that the same as the one in the bottle? not powder? please let me know soon as I am dying to make these!!

• Hi, Lori! Hand mixers work great! That’s how I made my first oopsie rolls. I use cream of tartar powder, which is found in baking aisles with the spices.

96. Lori Ludlam says:

will a hand mixer do just as well? and when you say tartar sauce are you refering to the bottle stuff?? thankyou I can’t wait to make these!

97. I have a question…Ive never been much of a baker…can u explain what it means to NOT down the whites…I want to try this but wanted to be sure what this means first. Can U use whites that U buy at store or should they be form real eggs??? Thank you so much!!!

• Hi Denise! You want to whip those whites up really stiff so that when you fol in the yolk mixture the batter doesn’t lose its height. Per the egg whites from the store, that is a really good question. I would think if they’re JUST whites and will whip up, you can use them, absolutely. What would you do for the yolk half? I think you could use more whites with the cream cheese, but I’ve not tried it to know for sure. Maybe a little cottage cheese in place of the yolks in the cream cheese portion?

98. What about mini oopsie pizzas?

99. Wow! Made these for the first time and added a few ingredients as mentioned by some of the other posts. I’ve never tried whipping egg whites or folding them but it wasn’t hard at all. I made: 6 hamburger buns, 1 pie crust which I’m going to use for chicken pot pie, 1 mini loaf, and had just enough left over for 1 dinner roll for me to sample. I just about inhaled it! Thank you so much for this recipe. It’s what I’ve been searching for on the internet for months! You rock!

100. I tried Atkins rolls 30 yrs ago .. I wrote yucky beside the recipe…I’ll be writing yummy beside Oopsie rolls..love them!!

• I remember those Atkins Rev Rolls from the 80′s. I also remember we threw the batch away! There’s nothing tasty about soy flour and cottage cheese making a roll baby.

101. I’m doing something wrong…do you continue to use the mixer when adding the egg yolk mixture to the egg whites?

• No. Once the whites are stiff, you fold the yolk/cream cheese mixture in.

If things go really wrong, you can pour the batter into either muffin top pans or a lined jelly roll pan to make flat bread.

102. Just made this and i am soooo satisfied…..delish

103. I’m trying these for the first time today, they are cooling as I type this…I have 4 very small mini loaf pans so I split it evenly between those. The mixture came out nice and fluffy and I added crushed rosemary and a touch of cracked pepper, because if there’s one carb-filled thing I REALLY miss, it’s my homemade rosemary bread. My oopsie rolls smell delicious, we’ll try them as a meatball sub in a few hours, then I might make more for cucumber sandwiches tomorrow! :)

104. made these a second time today. I made too much so I added some Splenda a dab of butter and made muffins too. Tasty good and melt in your mouth. I made the bun part a little thinner and it came out a little better for me. Thank you because I really was having trouble finding a GF bread that I can make.

105. Naomi Wright says:

These look so good!!! Can they be frozen? I see it makes 6. Thanks so much and I love this site. Loved it so much, I shared the link with my friends that should eat low carb, so they can lose weight.

• Hi, Naomi! Thank you so much! Yes, these can totally be frozen. Just let them come to room temp again before using and you’re good to go!

106. Found your site via pinterest; made these oopsie rolls this evening. They were perfect! Thanks for the recipe! It’s going to be new “go to” low carb bread. :)

• Hi, Tasha! I am so glad you liked these. I am also so appreciative that you took the time to write. Thanks so much for letting me know what you think!

107. Made these awesome examples of kitchen alchemy today. They are so good and pretty easy to make! I’ve just devoured a BLT made with these little darlings, and boy was it good! Thankyou for this and all the other great ideas :-)

• Woohoo, Betty! I am doing my little touch down dance of happiness right now! I am super glad you liked these. What a delicious mistake, right? I am just thankful I didn’t catch the kitchen on fire in those days when I accidentally made them… for the most part…

108. Why did it take me so long to make oopsie rolls?!?! I have been low carb for about 2 years and always saw this recipe on different blogs, but never thought they would really work. I just made a humongous bacon, egg and cheese b-fast sandwich and the bun held up awesomely. The texture was great and the taste neutral. I’m back to induction to lose some more weight and these will definitely be a staple for me. Thanks!!!!!

109. I forgot the cream of tartar! They are in the oven right now and they look delicious so I hope they turn out… if not this is only my first attempt and I’m not afraid to try again :)

110. I just made these and they were magnificent! I 1st used a non-stick whoopie pan/muffin top pan and they stuck a bit, so the second batch I used parchment paper. Parchment paper rules! With my remaining bit, I added 1 stevia, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a sprinkle of cocoa mixed in and baked them as cookies. Delicious treat!

Thanks for this recipe, it is so versatile that I will be making these constantly because you made the instructions so perfect to follow and commenters pointed out finer points that helped!

Ooops! Gotta get some paper towels between those buns! I forgot :P Much <3

111. We ate Bacon, Egg and Cheese sandwiches for breakfast this morning. Shut your eyes if you don’t want to see me dancing :P

112. Hi Jamie
    A question as to how to tweak this recipe to use only egg whites..i am making homemade mayo and ice cream using loads of egg yolks…i don’t want to waste whites.

113. My first batch is sitting on the cooling racks as we speak…they look almost like yours, we’ll see how they taste…I did notice that you said they wouldn’t brown on the bottom, but mine browned to a pretty golden brown (wish i could post pics)

114. Mondaygirl says:

I just pulled my first batch out of the oven, and OMG they are delicious!! New staple! Thanks sooo much for sharing this!

115. Wow! I made these yesterday and I love them! I thought they were a bit eggy yesterday but after I left them out on the counter all night, they are perfect. I’m loving them – thanks so much!

116. I live on these!

117. I’m very sensitive to “eggy” tastes. I read one review who said it was way too “eggy” and I immediately thought “That’s probably going to be me.” What would happen if I took away an egg yolk? Thank you!!

• Hi there! I am a super-taster and they do taste a bit eggy, which is why I am such a fan of adding spices. You could definitely take away a yolk, too!

• I want to make these so bad but i dont like the 3 whole egg yolks, i need to watch my fat and chol. can you not use any yolk and add a sub?/?

118. These look great as a flour bun alternative… But does anybody know if they can be made ahead of time and frozen until needed…?
    Either way, I’ll probably try to, but if somebody has experience with it, I would appreciate your feedback! :-)

119. FinAlly made oopsies. First try was a success…at least I think they were. Hubs n I just ordered bunless burgers from our fave local mom n pop burger joint and it was a pleasure to behold our burgers on oopsies… yumm .. I was worried they would be eggy bc I don’t enjoy eggs at all, but Oooohhhhhmmmmmggggggg awesome. Served the purpose and didn’t feel deprived at all. So I’ve just whipped up another batch so we can have something sandwichy tomorrow .. Grand plans fr fresh provolone, basil and tomato sandwiches for dinner… Or maybe a sloppy joe ! Thank u Jamie for ur ingenious yummies.

120. My hubby just had his low carb baconator on your Oopsie Roll! Thumbs UP! Thank you for posting this recipe. Love your blog!

121. These saved my life. Ok that might be dramatic, but I’ve missed having sandwiches! I now have a way to eat my turkey sloppy joes, turkey grilled sandwiches, “bagels” and cream cheese.

I make triple batches and divide it in half . I make one set a “savory” set with garlic, parm cheese, Italian spices and I make the other set with cocoa powder, truvia, cinnamon, and a small splash of sugar free caramel coffee syrup/flavoring. (I tried it just because I had it.. it’s yummy!)

I love how I can just throw a little strawberry cream cheese on one in the morning and go. On a low carb diet, that’s a tough thing to do sometimes.

My oven is a bit weird so I’ve had to change the temp and time a bit to work for me, but practice made perfect. Thank you for sharing.

122. Renewed giddy-up! says:

OMG!!! I just made these tonight and they are absolutely delish. Super easy to make and bake. Turned out perfect the first time. I was able to eat a burger in a bun for the first time in weeks! I almost cried! Even my little boy likes them. THANK YOU!!!!!

123. Made these today. Doubled the recipe. Delicious!!! Thank you!!!

124. I love these! I have loved them for a while now. I love making them with some dried minced onion and oregano and basil! I am curious…has anyone ever tried making like a grilled ham and cheese or a tuna melt using these? I wasn’t sure how well they would hold up.

125. These really helped me when I had busy days capped with class downtown. My big treat was a cheeseburger transferred to oopsie rolls I packed with me. My supervisor at work gave me a hand mixer for my birthday so I wouldn’t have to beat the egg whites by hand. They were good before, but they are even better now that I have the mixer…

126. Please, please, please ……. a video how-to !! I have tried these twice and they did not turn out :(

127. If you let your egg whites come to room temperture, they will always work better. For the people who thought the taste was too eggy, you can substitute a teaspon of soy flour for each egg yolk.

My hubby loves bread much more than I do and he loves these rolls. I also make taco shells out of this batter by making thin rounds on parchment paper and baking until they have the feel of a soft tortilla, then fry them with a taco shaper in hot peanut oil quickly, so they do not burn.

This is definitely one of the best recipes out there for all low carb and gluten free eaters.

128. Many thanks for this great recipe! My son and I are 2 months into low carb and together have dropped 45 lbs. Thanks to you I can see this being a life change and am so happy for being able to bake and still lose weight!

129. What am I doing wrong? I use the KitchenAid mixer but my eggs never form firm peaks. I have made meringue before and whipped cream the same way but CANNOT get this to work. I pretty much just use this recipe–let it harden–and made bread crumbs. Please HELP!

• Hey there! The next step it to try room-temp eggs. People swear it works like a charm! Another thing to try: a tsp of white vinegar to help hold the peaks.

• Deborah Shreckengost says:

Also, make sure your beaters and mixing bowl are grease free when beating egg whites. Any little grease residue will keep the whites from beating stiff.

130. jennifergray04 says:

Okay, so I almost gave up lol…the first mess was a runny mess that turned into a flat, brown sheet on the bottom of my pan. But I kept trying, I tossed my kitchen aid mixer bowl and whisk into the freezer for 15 mins….then tried whipping up the egg whites…perfection! I’ve snuck a peak and they look exactly like your picture…can’t wait to have them for dinner.

131. Mom the Baum says:

Wow! Just made these – didn’t have any of the “watery” issues others have talked about. I took the advice and turned on the mixer on high and walked away for a few minutes. Then as the whites were still going I used my hand mixer to beat the cream cheese and yolks. The whites didn’t sit at all before mixing with the yolks (which is sometimes why there is watery residue in the whites). I love the “turn the bowl upside down” to test the whites for stiffness – perfect!!! I doubled the recipe and used extra large eggs, and 1/4 tsp tartar – had so much I made six buns, 12 muffins in a regular muffin tin (they are small), and a little loaf (in one of those gift giving mini loaf pans). No sticking problems when sprayed with “Pam”. Reminder to folks, FOLD the whites with the yolks with a rubber mixing spatula. Take the spatula at a 45 degree angle straight down the middle of the bowl – when approaching the opposite side of the bowl, turn the bowl a quarter turn and lift the spatula up and over with the mixture. Like you are lightly folding something over on top into layers. Repeat. Go slow and don’t over mix, just do it enough where it’s almost all one color – you can’t tell the yolks from the whites. Then STOP – don’t mix anymore, you want the fluffiness. Don’t use a mixer for this part – only a spatula or large spoon – the mixer goes too fast and removes the air. I have a hamburger patty just waiting for supper tonight – with a bun! YAY!

132. i want to try these but i have a question i need to loose weight because of heart problem and i so need to watch the fat and cholesterol is there any way thee can be made with less of those??

133. stephanie says:

Would these be okay if (after made) they went into the oven? (Say for meatball hoagies or melts?) Thanks!!!!

• Your Lighter Side says:

I would think so, so long as it’s not for too long, or if it’s after they were stored in a bag and had collected a slight bit of moisture. Overcooked, and these have a tendency to crumble a bit. That said, I use oopsie rolls as pizza crusts, too, so moisture really helps.

134. could i sub or replace the yolks with soemthing else?? i need to watch my fat chol and carbs, these would be great if I could sub the yolks thank you

135. Thank you for this delicious Recipe! Because our family is dairy-free, I created an alternative with a homemade cream cheese…it actually tastes even more delicious if that’s possible. (I cannot wait til Daiya Cheese comes out with their new cream cheese in May 2013)
    you can find my photos and alterations to make it Dairy-Free at my facebook link.
    Feel free to email if you have questions..
    info@jenwright.net

Thanks again!!!
    Love your blog… going to try a ton more of your recipes!

136. Patricia says:

Oopsies are “tweak-friendly”…I sneak in 1/5Tbsp. coconut flour, a couple pkts. of Splenda, a little vanilla…that covers the ‘bite/twang’ that some say the Oopsie Roll has from the cream cheese. Thank you for the original recipe…it has been a God-send to my Low Carb Lifestyle.

137. What type of pan do you cook yours in to get the nice big rounds?

138. Thank you for this recipe! A sandwich on two Oopsies made my husbands day ;)

139. I just made this roll with be on cheese burger, with lettuce, mayo, and mustard. I just want to say . THANK U SO MUCH. You are a blessing.

140. I know this is a very late comment to this post, but I wanted to say thank you! And also that I cooked the whole batter together in a pan into a big square and cut it into square slices. Today I had grilled cheese, and yesterday I used them as nan (since my batch was a bit soft and bendable). Genius recipe and makes low carbing so much easier. And I also discovered that if I over cook it in the pan, I end up with great chips, and I might try this hardened version as a pizza crust. Thanks again :).

141. Stephanie says:

I know this is very old, but I just started low-carbing and I found this. THANK YOU! Mine came out just lovely. I used egg whites and just beat the tar out of them. I also added some Parmesan cheese and a bit of Italian seasoning and garlic. Delicious! Thank you again!

142. Suellen Stretch says:

I just did and I had to put in a baking pan because it did not get hard enough to use the sheet, I converted 3 ounces of cream cheese and it gave me 6 table spoons, was I wrong?

143. Elizabeth says:

I added half a scoop of isopure (no carb) chocolate powder to the cream cheese mixture.. Topped with whipped cream. :) yummy.

144. shannon says:

Thank you so much for your recipe and troubleshooting tips! Made them for the first time today and they turned out awesome! :) YUM!!

145. Hi Jamie,

FYI – there’s a website promoting Oopsie rolls and not giving credit – just irks me because you put your heart into this site and credit should be given where due!
    Santa won’t put any bacon in his Christmas stocking!!!

BTW, oopsie rolls have saved my low-carb life; I’m back to sandwiches & other goodies, so big kudos to you & Diane for those recipes, plus all the other recipes and info on your site. How do you have time for all this? I’m totally impressed! You should do a little spotlight on all the people behind your website. Thanks for all your hard work!

Kim :)

146. I am so late to the Oopsie party, but man, did I party with these rolls.
    I made a sandwich out of EVERYTHING! I put the batter in a 4inch spring form pan and made a thick bun and used one of the regular rolls for the bottom. Then I took it to BKing and wanted to kiss you! I’m in love!

147. My first time making these. Easy as pie. The only thing I would do differently next time is to make sure they are cooked well so you dont get that creamy bit in the middle. I took mine, added cheese and meatless meatballs (I cant eat beef quite yet) and a couple of spoons of spaghetti sauce and it was great for something different!

148. Hey these taste great, but I’m confused on the carb count I got 7.5 for all 6 rolls. What am I figuring wrong?

149. Hi Jamie. I just want to thank you. I’m an extremely broke single mom and student, and I have a kid with a gluten sensitivity. We’ve about had our fill of scrambled eggs this week, and I happen to have eggs and cream cheese in my fridge. This just fixed more than a few problems for me right now.

150. I have an allergy to most dairy, but can tolerate yogurt better. Have you ever tried this with HF Greek yogurt?

151. I just made these after reading the blog for quite a while. I have to say they held up during baking really well. They seem a bit eggy on the inside, So I’ll adjust the time for my oven accordingly.

Thanks so much :) Now I’m just waiting for burgers!

152. I thought there was a joke here: “also, use hen’s eggs.” You know, as opposed to rooster’s eggs! LOL

153. Thank you so much for this recipe that looks simple to make and delicious!
    Just one question, I am considering turning into a vegan.. Do you think it would be OK to use an ‘egg substitute’ instead of the 3 eggs mentioned in your recipe?

154. I’ve just made your Oopsie Rolls for the first and I LOVE them!!! Finally sandwich again! Thank you so much!

155. These were the best thing!!! So easy to make and yummy! I made them with herb and garlic cream cheese too. My best friend loves them too. Thanks :)

156. My first batch was a bit runny too, but I baked them anyway. They were like pancakes. So I spread plain yogurt and a small amount of homemade strawberry rhubarb jelly; then I rolled it up. WOW!!!!!! I’m afraid I ate a bit more than I should have that morning for breakfast!! hehe

157. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I’ve made this similar concoction in a pancake, but this was awesome and looked just like yours. I had a burger on a bun for dinner and it was fabulous. It didn’t fall apart, it didn’t get soggy, and it held up beautifully. You are my hero.

158. Linda Dashiff says:

I’ve been craving a BLT for so long…think I’ll try it with the oopsie roll…sounds sooo good!!!

159. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am doing south beach phase 1 and these made my day! So delicious! They taste croissant like when still warm (not hot) and I adore those way more than regular bread!

160. kylee rose says:

I’m so late…so so late…but I’m so excited that I found your blog and this recipe!!

161. ChiTownMama says:

I just had to come on here and THANK YOU for sharing such an incredible recipe! My husband and I have taken on the Keto lifestyle and we have been craving a regular cheeseburger. Well, lo and behold, thanks to you, we were able to make them tonight. They turned out fantastic and we are so grateful that we can continue to enjoy food that we love. So thank you again!

162. tcmullinax says:

Hi cleochatra-
    I did it! These turned out perfectly on my first try. I cook, but don’t bake-so I was worried. I am gonna have a giant roast beef and Swiss…all thanks to you!! ;)
    *hugs*

163. Extrabijou says:

Tried these for the first time last night. Had never heard of them until just recently. They held a burger just fine!!! Great gluten free option. Most gf breads are so heavy. I can see making these on a regular basis.

164. I made these tonight and they were AMAZING!!! I was really apprehensive, as I’m just starting my wheat-free journey, but I simply could not get enough! They are perfect for burgers and I can see eating them topped with apple butter, whipped cream, cinnamon and sugar, etc! The possibilities are endless! Thanks for the recipe!!!

165. I made the oopsie bread tonight! But I put mine in a glass loaf pan & it came out beautiful & delicious!! Next time I make this – I want to use flavored cream cheese ;)

166. I just found this recipe and I’m just a little confused about the carb count. Using 3 eggs and some cream cheese with a pinch of tarter…how does that lead to 6 carbs a roll? That’s 36 for the entire recipe. Can’t wait to try them!

167. Great recipe!! I made them and my five year old really enjoyed them (He’s super picky too). Deelish!

168. Nice and easy! I was able to get 8 good sized rolls! :)

169. I used your recipe to make a pizza. It was amazing! I’m still trying to figure a way to crisp up the center. Next time I’ll likely put the pizza on the rack without a pan to get the bottom a little crisp.

170. Just pulled these out of the oven. Great flavor! I haven’t read all the comments, but has anyone tried baking them in English Muffin rings?

• Galveston Gal says:

I use the 4 inch yellow silicone egg rings….perfect size for taking with you to switch out “their” bun when ever my loving spouse wants to have burgers “out”…! I blog over at Low Carb Friends as Galveston Gal. There are so many variations/sizes/varieties of this wonderful Oopsie Roll. I am thankful for it!

171. Love them! I used a hotter oven just because I set it wrong, they came out wonderfully browned. Thank you for these and all of the comments on how to variations.

172. I made this recipe for the second time a couple days ago. They ended up fluffy and yummy. I used two of them for a Five Guys’ bacon cheeseburger and they held up as well as any white bun. :)
    My dad helped me get the oopsies made right this time. The key is to not over mix the batter. The yolk-cream cheese mixture doesn’t need to be thoroughly mixed with the whites, just very gently swirled in.

173. Karen C. says:

I love these –I put in 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon and eat them right out of the oven for breakfast !! I am a carb addict and these really help me with my cravings — next I will try a batch with dry mustard for burgers!!

174. Could you use baking powder in place of cream of tartar?

175. STILL the best “bread-that-is-not-bread” recipe out there. You made history, Jamie.

176. Jennifer says:

Thanks so much for this. My first batch didn’t come out right because I didn’t get the whites stiff, but I still cooked the batch in a small pan and just cut out a few rectangles. They came out pretty darn good for messing up! I will be trying to make them again within a day or two. Can’t wait to try other recipes as well.

177. Cathriona Kelly says:

thanks – I think my egg whites were not stiff enough and I folded it all in too fast. will go again this evening.

178. Tammy K says:

Just made these for the first time…and they turned out, even though I had to whip the egg whites by hand! So excited…to try them, and about finding your site!

179. Michelle says:

I think this is not for beginners. Or the faint of heart . Went through 6 eggs and a half pd of cc before i went to make 2. Not used to baking here and my egg whites did not get stiff. how stiff should they get? It was just dripping down the cookie sheet LOL

180. Thank you so much for being so sweet. If they were buoyant, I could bring them on the cruise to place luminaries on…

181. Hi, Jennifer! They’re almost magical, the number of uses that batter has. There’s even an entire recipe section in the Recipe Index devoted to just the batter where the roll shapes won’t matter. That’s why I love them; even when they won’t work out occasionally as a roll, they perform beautifully as a bread.

182. Ah. I have so done that, too!

183. Tammy K. I am always so amazed and impressed when people whip the whites by hand. I salute you.

184. Tammy K says:

Oh lawsy….I just did it that way because I don’t own a hand mixer…LOL!

Ya know, I never thought I needed one before (I have an immersion stick mixer and a food processor), but I’m gonna buy a good old hand mixer asap! I polished off three of the rolls before they even dried out all the way!

185. I’m just really impressed! My hand goes limp after a couple of minutes of whipping anything. A hand mixer will definitely be wonderful, though. I need a nap thinking about hand whipping egg whites.

186. I totally just turn the mixer to high and walk away for 5 minutes. Seriously. Set a timer and let those suckers whip up until shiny and stiff. Even though mine hold their shape, I still scoop them into 6 mini Wilton cake pans, just in case.

187. When you can turn the bowl upside down and the whites don’t try to slide out, they’re ready.

188. I tried it with Tofutti’s Better Than Cream Cheese (because my husband is a low-carb lactard) and it turned out GREAT! Can’t wait to move beyond the basic recipe and really start to have some fun. :D

189. Delonie says:

Thank you!! I will make them again tomorrow using 1 tsp!! :)

190. I’m just going to say, they make EXCELLENT grilled cheese sandwiches. I’m still happy dancing around the kitchen!

191. Very cool, Sally! Thank you so much for letting me know how they worked out with the Tofutti!

192. I am so glad, Daghain! Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know.

193. Carolyn says:

Thank you for the great recipe! I made these the other night and had the best burger I have had in a long time. I am glad for all the suggestions, the grilled cheese, french toast and I can’t wait to fry them in butter! Thanks again.

194. Do you beat the cream cheese/yolks until completely smooth? My Whites are perfect, stiff as a board and almost dry, but by the time I get to spooning them onto the parchment they are puddly. :( Still delicious, just flat as a pancake. (Which worked great for for my sandwich!) Just hoping to acheive a fluffy oopsie to serve as biscuits…

195. The flat ones have been puuuuurrrfect for sandwiches! I just want to learn how to make puffy ones for cream puffs etc! :) I will have to find some mini cake pans, thanks for the tips, and thank you for being so dedicated so your readers.

196. First of all…THANK YOU VERY MUCH for this AMAZING addition to our low-carb diet. My husband almost cried when he took the first bite out of the first “true” cheeseburger he had in weeks! But guess what…it gets better. I didn’t change a thing on the recipe but this is what I have done with the “base”. First, I used it as a batter and made fried mushrooms! It will have to be something that cooks quick cause the batter browns quickly and while they aren’t perfect…man oh man were they good! Next time, I may add a little garlic salt Hubby’s idea was to bake chicken wings then after they have cooled to re-fry them in the batter for low-carb chicken wings. Maybe add some red pepper or hot sauce first! Then, ….wait for it….I made pancakes! Again, while not purrfect…they were just ridiculous. THANK YOU!
    I am going to try to fry squash and maybe even green tomatoes!!!! WOO-HOO!

197. Hi, Tara! You can totally let the cream cheese go more room temp. I tend to pour the batter into mini cake pans so they hold their shape. Even with as many years as I’ve made these, it’s just easier to pour them into pans. Even as flat rolls, they make great bases for things like bread for hotdogs and wraps.

198. Thank you so much, Tara, for your kind words! I am glad the rolls have been awesome. I really like them a lot.

199. Yeah! I am so glad these were a hit! The pancakes and mushrooms sound really great, too. I am so so pleased that you not only you guys have liked the batter and can use it, but that you took the time to share your experience with me. Thanks so much!

200. I can’t believe how great these are. There is just something so great about holding a sandwich or burger in your hands. I’ve been missing that. This fake bread has actually improved my quality of life! Now I’m off to check out the rest of your recipes. Thank you!

201. I am so glad you like the oopsie rolls. Thanks so much for your kind words, Sharon!

1. [...] two oopsies w/ egg mixture and fry in butter like french [...]

2. [...] keeping you from floating out of your pants. Savory Sumptuous Stuffing 3 cups stale oopsie rolls (recipe here) 3 cups celery, chopped + leaves 1 cup onion chopped 1 cup butter, melted 1 tsp salt 1/4 tsp pepper [...]

3. [...] Then I transferred everything to an oopsie roll. [...]

4. [...] picture #3 Using the standard oopsie roll batter recipe, I used two, small, nonstick bread loaf pans, and then baked the batter at 300 degrees for 30 [...]

5. [...] (with C) Oopsie rolls (2 per sandwich) 2 strips of bacon (I use low-sodium) 1 slice of medium cheddar cheese 1 slice of [...]

6. [...] Oopsie rolls as bases or small circles fashioned of cauliflower or zucchini pizza dough, cute and festive food [...]

7. [...] mini-pizzas 6 oopsie rolls (recipe here) spaghetti (or pizza) sauce* cheese [...]

8. [...] Oopsies make a GREAT pizza crust! I used the original recipe as per Cleo’s instructions. (Kind readers, the original oopsie recipe can be found here!) [...]

9. Anonymous says:

[...] I haven't made oopsie rolls since my first round! That is the best substitute for bread in P3!!! http://yourlighterside.com/gluten-fr…-oopsie-rolls/ Aria – some with a certain blood type don't do good with beef, I am not sure of the specifics but [...]

10. [...] at your appliances and all of a sudden you start thinking, “What if I took tiny pieces of oopsie rolls and threw them in the dehydrator for a couple hours?” I know, right? It happens to you [...]

11. Quora says:

What are the best recipes for low-carb bread?…

Try modifying a one minute muffin. This low carb version of a muffin gets its name for the 60 seconds it takes to cook in a mug in the microwave. It’s not glamorous, by any means, but it’s quick, tasty, and it gets the job done. I’ve used this recip…

12. [...] Originally Posted by Kkirwan There are no carbs in that recipe? Is it bready? Oopsie Rolls | Your Lighter Side They are NOT a perfect bread replacement – they are a slightly different texture – but they work [...]

13. [...] stale oopsie rolls laying around? Grate or process them for this recipe. Easy Meatballs 1 pound hamburger 1 Tbsp [...]

14. [...] oooooh this looks tasty http://yourlighterside.com/gluten-fr…-oopsie-rolls/ Those cheesy muffins look fantastic!! The turned out great! Start: 159 lbs Round 1 Phase 2 [...]

15. [...] Pictured: Oopsie Roll with a Wendy’s Baconator [...]

16. [...] rolls (recipe). If you haven’t heard of them by now, they were an accident in my kitchen in 2008, stemming [...]

17. [...] Oopsie Rolls are quite possibly the crack of low carb. Seriously, you can whip these up in ten minutes, cook them for thirty, and have the closest thing you’ve ever had to bread. They make EXCELLENT grilled cheese (which is one of my weeknesses). I’m going to try them as French toast next. OM NOM NOM! [...]

18. [...] Oopsie Rolls Low-carb recipes Body building forum Sin or Slim Caveman Keto Share this:TwitterFacebookLike [...]

19. [...] idea ever using a loaf of bread, we wondered out loud if the same concepts could be applied to an oopsie roll instead of to a bread round. Unfortunately, oopsie rolls, being meringue-type breads, would likely [...]

20. [...] with the crusts cut off (at least according to this NPR story). But I really liked eating them on Oopsie Rolls - my favorite low-carb “bread.” I definitely see this recipe become a kitchen staple. [...]

21. [...] I did try out the oopsie roll recipe from yourlighterside.com yesterday.  However, I didn’t have regular cream cheese on [...]

22. [...] A whole zucchini and four egg whites (we had egg-whites from when Ms. Caveman baked some paleo Oopsie rolls). That is really [...]

23. [...] admit to not having much luck initially working Baconnaise into a recipe. A failed attempt at oopsie rolls with Baconnaise as the fat netted a disaster that halted progress, at least [...]

24. [...] find Oopsie bread useful for those times when you just really want a sandwich – or you just want to be able to [...]

25. [...] (which is a spice; I never cooked or baked before TPB, so I had to look that up ). Here's a great recipe for oopsie rolls, which I make on weekends and freeze. Instead of using the non-stick spray, I use [...]

26. [...] I need to get some cream cheese… But I will update as soon as I get to work in the kitchen! Oopsie Rolls | Your Lighter Side Oopsie Rolls (Gluten-Free Buns) 3 large eggs pinch of cream of tartar (1/8 tsp) 3 ounces cream [...]

27. [...] grain free bread of some sort and either bacon, Macadamia Cacao Nib Crunchies (recipe to come), or Oopsie Rolls. If you haven’t tried these yet, you have to! My husband has hated eggs his entire life [...]

28. [...] like hamburger buns, but made of eggs and cream cheese! Here is the link to the recipe on her site. http://yourlighterside.com/2009/05/g…-oopsie-rolls/ Another post of hers has cheese crisp 'chips' which, while I got the idea for the pizza crust [...]

29. [...] fun, and super-simple, the barbecue recipe can even be served up on oopsie rolls, over spaghetti squash, or in your crock pot [...]

30. [...] and articles on the wonderful oopsie. here's the original article from the "inventor" Oopsie Rolls | Your Lighter Side Reply With [...]

31. [...] made an oppsie pancake of [...]

32. […] also made a recipe I’d had on the to do list for a while, Oopsie Rolls. Gluten free and the snippet I’ve had of one was quite tasty. The texture is a little different […]

33. […] The Oopsie Rolls from yesterday were really good. I had some with Nutella, and some with houmous and spinach. Very […]

34. […] quite the thing in low carb circles if you haven’t already come across it. It stemmed from one low carber making a mistake in a recipe and coming up with something better than the […]

35. […] thanks to digestive enzyme pills, I can fully enjoy these rolls again without any worries! Over at Your Lighter Side, (<—please click there) you’ll find the recipe for these unique rolls. For any […]

36. […] here. First to find you some more bread options . . . I like Gizmo's biscuits, and there are also Oopsies, invented by cheochatra, and tweaked extensively over the years by all the people who love them! […]

37. […] I have seen so many people refer to recipes such as the Atkins Revolution Rolls or the similar Oopsie Rolls that I decided I had to give it a try. After all, how bad could it be? Besides, the night I […]

38. […] and I could wait until we got home.  Instead, he asked where I could eat.  I remembered reading this post on Your Lighter Side, so I knew I could eat a Baconator from Wendy’s.  I ended up with a […]

39. […] should be soft)  Cool few minutes and move to a rack to cool. They freeze well to. Adapted from Your Lighter Side and Key […]

40. […] I made these for a brunch I went to this past weekend and they were a hit! The original recipe for the base can be found here. […]

41. […] Flax Yeast Sandwich Roll or Low Carb English Muffin or Savory Sandwich Rounds or the Oopsie Roll from Your Lighter Side’s web […]

42. […] called oopsie rolls because they were first made by mistake, but what a fortunate mistake that was! Oopsie rolls are almost-zero-carb “rolls” that […]