It’s not easy to drink 64 ounces of water a day, and you might not have to think of this task as one that is impossible.
Try these tips for getting more water:
1. Take a shot of water ever 30 minutes. A four ounce glass of the clear stuff every 30 minutes is not like staring down a large glass.
2. Drink more tea. While not every glass of liquid should taste like rosehips, tea is fairly innocuous in terms of beverages. Skip the sweeteners and the caffeine when you can, and enjoy nature’s bounty in the form of tiny steeped leaves giving your tastebuds a hug.
3. Chill. Try water in different forms, from crushed ice to snow cones. If you need flavor, add some herbal tea, or make ice cubes to be crushed or shaved from your favorite tea flavors.
4. Concessions. If you just can’t give up your diet sodas, try this instead: for every 8 ounces of soda, drink 8 ounces of water first.
5. Exercise. Take advantage of the thirst that exercise creates, and drink your water!