Low Carb Crepes

When life hands you flatties, add cream and berries.

These are induction-friendly (hold the berries) and gluten-free.

Low Carb Crepes
3 eggs, separated
3 ounces cream cheese
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1 packet Splenda
2 Tbsp Davincis Vanilla Syrup (Sugar Free)
2 Tbsp oil
1 cup whipping cream
3 packets Splenda
Frozen berries

Preheat oil in skillet over medium-low heat.

In a bowl, whip egg whites with cream of tartar until peaks are stiff (about 5 minutes).

In separate bowl, blend cream cheese, yolks, baking powder and davincis sugar free syrup. Adding half of the yolk batter at a time to the whites and using a tall spoon (I use an iced tea spoon), make a lazy sine wave through the batter once. Turn the bowl 90 degrees and repeat. Add second half of the yolk mix and repeat sine wave two more times.

Using scant ½ cup scoop, drop batter onto heated pan. Let cook until bottom is firm (the batter’s not yours) about 3-5 minutes. Flip and press lightly. Let cook for another 1-2 minutes, until crepe is set. Move to a plate to cool.

When ready to serve:

Arrange crepes on a plate (best looking side down).

In a bowl, whip heavy cream with two packets Splenda until still peaks form. Spoon cream into the center of each crepe. Roll and place seam-side down. Tuck fresh fruit in, on and around the crepes. Sprinkle one packet of Splenda along the top (optional).

Refrigerate leftovers.

Makes 6 crepes.

Nutritional information: Calories: 144, Carbohydrates: 4, Fiber: 0, Net Carbohydrates: 4, Protein: 5 grams, Fat: 12 grams

More ideas: Crepes can also be used to wrap chicken or other meats for a main dish.

Comments

1. Nissan 4x4 says:

Hi thought it would stop by and complement you on your blog, i think it's got great content..

2. danyelle6974 says:

My husband is asking if these are just like omelette. LOL I goota give some of these oopsie type things a go to prove him wrong LOL

3. NABAHIAVIVIS says:

I made these yesterday and filled them with chicken and mushroom. The sweet version I made a "cream" with lemon drops, cream cheese and Splenda. They were amazing!! Thank you so much for the recipe. This type of recipes motivate me.

Thank you !!!

4. beckster_1290 says:

this recipe is awesome. I even added a little sugar free vanilla flavoring to the whipped cream. simply delicious

5. Unknown says:

I made these for my husband and two toddlers tonight for dinner and they were a huge hit. Had the taste and the texture of regular crepes. Thanks for this recipe! I will be making it again. I never thought I would be able to enjoy crepes again after going LC.

6. ancalimesh says:

I absolutely love your recipes.

I'm thinking about starting with Atkins and you really helped me a lot with that.

Can't wait to try your recipes. :)

Just a short question: The Net Carbs are for one crepe only, right?

7. Burger Nipz xD says:

Hi, i just wonderedif you could tell me what the weight or cup equivalent of a packet splenda is? Thanks Tania (uk)

8. Your Lighter Side says:

A packet of Splenda is about a teaspoon. I hope that helps!

9. Glad you clarified the bottom thing… could be a fairly black crepe otherwise. ha!

10. judicia says:

well and those 144 calories refer to how many crepes?

• Hi there! That is for 1/6 of the recipe, so if the recipe makes 6, you’re safe with 144 calories per crepe.

11. zandra morris says:

MADE FRENCH TOAST WITH MY OOPSIES-GREAT- MY SISTER IN ILLINOIS CAME UP WITH THE IDEA —-SHE USES 4OZ OF CREAM CHEESE AND 4 EGGS INSTEAD OF 3 THEN SHE DOESNT HAVE ANY LEFT OVER CREAM CHEESE–I USE MY OTHER 1OZ OF C CHEESE IN MY CELERY,LOVE EVERYTHING YOU DO U R SO SMART AND HAVE SUCH NEVER ENDING GREAT IDEAS–THANKS SO MUCH

12. Amy Morris Shalosky says:

There are 2 Tbs of oil in the ingredient list not mentioned in the recipe. Is that mixed in with the yolks? Used to cook the crepes? Thanks!

13. I LOVE these!!! YUM YUM! :D Can you tell me what is the purpose of the baking powder and cream of tartar? I love to make up my own recipes too, and always looking for ways to improve my recipes! thanks so much! :)

• Hi there! The cream of tartar help stiffen the whites (but you can stiffen without them if need be), and the baking powder is a leavening agent.

• ok, great thank you! So, for crepes what does it need leavening for? They kinda flatten out once they are on your plate… :)

• Quit asking me rational questions, Christine! :P I kid. I think at one time I think I was making some cakes and had batter left and fried it in a pan. I left the recipe as is. That said, you could probably skip the baking powder in the crepes.

• oh!! haha!! OK, i think i am gonna try this recipe without those 2 ingredients, the simpler the better in my books! LOL :D thanks for the patience and answering my questions! I can be quite annoying to some people, i know! ha! not you of course! ;)

• No way! You’re fine. You know it’s early when I thought you said it was easier on your “boobs” and not “books! lol

14. ok, i forgot to hit the notify me button, so am posting another reply :P thanks again! :)

15. First of all you have saved me with this site! I have been trying to go low carb for so long and kept falling off the wagon! Now with your recipes i feel like i can eat ” regular meals” that i missed sooo much (serious carb addict) and never need to fall off again! You are truly changing lives, do not ever give up this site please! My question is with the crepes can i make them without the davinci syrup or substitute something? I have never seen it in our stores here. Thanks.

• Good morning, Kathy! Thanks so much for writing. I am so glad you find this site helpful! I know I wasn’t able to stick to plan without variety and being willing to try a few things. You can definitely go sans the Davincis. Just sub in about a 1/2 Tbsp od sweetener you like + 1/2 tsp vanilla extract to taste.

16. Cathy aitmoussa says:

Kathy,

I live in Nj, and I have to buy my davinci syrup on line, or sometimes you can find a similar one at shop rite in the Heath section. Torani, I think.or at walmart., or Starbucks sells their sugar free syrups to the public, I used to get davinci’s from them, but now they lable their own.
    Cathy

17. yum! Filled mine with chicken, spinach, mushrooms, and swiss cheese!

18. I’m making the crepes right now. They smell heavenly. Can they be frozen for later are is the fridge the way to go?

19. Just wonderin’… the nutritional info would include the berries and whipped cream, correct? Otherwise, it would be pretty much the same as an oopsie? These look so yummy!

20. the “lazy sine wave” part confuses me in this recipe. what do you mean, pray tell???

1. crepes says:

[...] recipe – made plain for my breakfast (see photo) – eaten with butter and sugar free maple syrup http://yourlighterside.com/2010/07/l…ith-breakfast/ 2013-02-28 07.35.01.jpg Reply With [...]

2. [...] substitution and our search is now over! Here's the website for the recipe instructions. http://yourlighterside.com/2010/07/l…ith-breakfast/ My only comments were it made 4 crepes with 1/2 cups of batter and the last one was kinda small. [...]

3. [...] like incredibly thin pancakes filled with fruit and whip cream. Here's the link to that recipe: http://yourlighterside.com/2010/07/l…ith-breakfast/ But I see people have gotten a lot of recipes from this website as well: [...]

4. [...] if you're tired of eggs for breakfast here's a great crepes recipe if you want something different: http://yourlighterside.com/2010/07/l…ith-breakfast/ If you make them and want to get 6 like the recipe says measure out the batter with 1/4 cup. I [...]