Never fear! Iif you have any ramekins sitting about looking for their ‘special purpose’ (or just some quality, oven-proof dishes) and have a hankering for some quick, hearty and delicious Mexican food, I have the thing for you. Fun to present and great for single servings for kids (or portion control)
1.Take as many ramekins as you have people to feed.
2. Heat spiced taco beef (recipe here).
3. While beef is heating, chop some fresh cilantro and cabbage together and toss into each ramekin. Cabbage has a wonderful crunch, and helps provide a moisture barrier for the heating later.
4.Next, load each ramekin with spiced taco beef, pressing down with a spoon.
5. Top with the cheese of your choice. If you use grated, try to smooth evenly. If you use a pre-sliced cheese (such as provolone for a more mild flavor), cut to fit the opening of the ramekin and tuck the edges in gently.
6. In the microwave, heat the ramekins for 30-40 seconds each, or until cheese just melts.
7.If you want to use a convection oven, bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
8. To prepare garnishes, I used a small condiment bowl for tomatoes, one for a spring mix (I shredded the lettuce), and a small bowl with sour cream or plain, high-fat yogurt.
Quick, easy, and oh so cheesy, a family can also enjoy this hearty meal whether it’s winter time or muy caliente!
You can also garnish with:
black soy beans
cauliflower fried rice