|Thank you, Macy’s! Source|
Things are shaking around Your Lighter Side Headquarters as we near the holidays, and I couldn’t think of anyone more amazing to celebrate with than you and the Magic of Macy’s!
Macy’s is such an phenomenal landmark store, bringing us the classic Macy’s Day Parade, an American institution now in its 85th year. I remember sitting on the floor on the living room watching humongous floats slowly hover over New York streets while the smells of Thanksgiving cooking wafted through the house (don’t you?).
Now Macy’s wants to know: What’s shaking while you’re baking? Is it an extra special stuffing? A new twist on cranberries? The best ever pecan pumpkin pie? Enter Macy’s Fan Share Recipe Contest at the Macy’s Facebook Page for a chance to win a dinner with a renowned Macy’s Culinary Council chef, including Emeril Lagasse, Wolfgang Puck, Cat Cora or Todd English! Enter to win!
Psst… When you enter, be sure to let us know on our Your Lighter Side Facebook Page and we’ll be sure to vote for you!
|Hello Kitty float, I kiss your face source|
Your Lighter Side Macy’s Giveaway
Thanks to their incredible generosity, Macy’s has offered to make a lucky reader’s holidays a little more magical with one of these amazingly gorgeous Martha Stewart kitchen must-haves! Can you tell I am absolutely thrilled about this?
What could grace your kitchen this holiday season?
How about this amazingly sexy Martha Stewart Stainless Steel Roaster:
|Dimensions: 17.5″W x 12″H x 5.5″D|
This beautiful (and heavy) 23 pound pan has riveted handles, and is electric, gas and stovetop safe, dishwasher safe, and oven safe to 500 degrees! Better yet, it comes with a lifetime warranty. Wouldn’t that look positively gorgeous on your dining room table? It’s so shiny…
Or what about this trio of terrific Martha Stewart Hard-Anodized Aluminum Fry Pans?
Temperature control has never been simpler with these hard-anodized exteriors that stand up against wear and tear. On each of these 8″, 10″ and 12″ pans has ergonomic handles are riveted for added strength and control.These gas, glass, and electric stovetop safe pans are also oven safe to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You’ll be cooking in style.
To get us firmly into the holiday spirit and to celebrate an amazing and unexpected milestone of YLS hitting a quarter of a million pageviews last month, I am giving thanks right now for you guys who’ve been here with me through every burned dish and realized wish.
But enough about me schmootzing gushes everywhere…
To enter, simply… (Contest closed. Please don’t enter anymore)
1. Email email@example.com
2. Subject line: “Giving Thanks Giveaway“
3. Email body:Name one thing you are thankful for. (Whether it’s your Aunt Mahetabel’s singing ficus, or your health, let us know what makes you glad as we approach Thanksgiving! I’ll share some of your entries of thanks on the blog next week!)
4. Mention which of the two prizes you would
most like to win. Will it be the shiny roaster or those delicious non-stick pans?
5. Please provide your mailing address and phone number for shipping information. I ask for shipping addresses because trying to track you down after a giveaway is time consuming. I delete all information immediately after the drawing, and never sell, share or in any way muck with your information, and will never in any way harm your privacy. I protect your information as I do my grade schooler’s–with incredible and profound respect (bordering on paranoia). As soon as the winner is drawn and notified, all other entries will be immediately deleted. Additionally, I am not wearing socks.
5. Please note: This contest is only open to US residents at this time (I won’t forget about you guys outside of the US! Promise.).
Entries are due by Friday November 28 night at midnight, so don’t wait! One lucky, randomly drawn winner will be announced Saturday morning.