There’s something about sesame seeds that makes you feel you’re enjoying a little bit of love on your tongue. For this recipe I’ve used both sesame seeds and coconut flour for the breading, but I also throw in a little added excitement in the form of sesame oil for the actual baking.
It is so quick and easy to cook this dish you almost feel like you’re cheating. Ten minutes at 500 degrees F? You bet! What’s more, if you have cast iron, now’s the time to break it out and make with the fabulousness.
Served with broccoli or stir fry and you have an amazing recipe to share with friends and family during those busy work weeks.
1/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 Tbsp Truvia (or sub for 2 Tbsp sugar)
1/2 Tbsp white vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp ginger, minced
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup coconut flour + 1/2 cup sesame seeds
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1. Stir marinade ingredients. Marinate chicken for 2 hours, covered, flipping every 30 minutes or so.
2. Preheat metal baking pan and oven to 500 degrees F.
3. Beat egg + 2 Tbsp marinade in a bowl.
4. Mix coconut flour with sesame seeds.
5. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then sesame, coating on all sides.
6. Add butter and oil to pan.
7. Add chicken to the pan.
8. Bake uncovered 5 minutes.
9. Flip chicken. Bake 5 more minutes.
10. Let rest. Serve.
Makes 4 servings.