Delicious, flaked fish and a yummy coating? Yes thank you. And under your broiler no less.
This gluten free, low glycemic fish treatment is one of my favorite ways to make this fish without any issues or major effort.
A few thoughts:
- You can sub out the flax for just Parm and the dish is still amazing. I made both for family, just to test, and both were liked.
- You can use a different fish than tilapia as well.
- I schmeared my lazy hollaindaise sauce recipe on top to finish the dish and seriously.
- This is a fantastic dish paired with a bright green vegetable like loaded broccoli and topped with chives for some added color and zip.
- Induction friendly, sugar free, gluten free, and perfect for pescetarians, each generous, fishy portion is less than 1 carb per serving, net.
Broiled Crusted Tilapia
6 skinless tilapia filets
1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup flax seed meal
2 Tbsp parsley
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
Arrange fish on greased rack of an unheated broiler pan. Brush with 2 Tbsp melted butter. Broil 4 inches from heat 5-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. In small bowl, mix Parmesan cheese, flax, parsley, garlic, pepper, and butter. Mix well. Sprinkle over fish and pat down flat. Broil 1-2 minutes more or until browned.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories: 185, Carbohydrates: 1,1g. Fiber: 1g, Net Carbohydrates: .1g, Protein: 19g, Fat: 12.1g