Easy Microwave 3-Minute Meatloaf

I have had too too too much fun with my “what if” ideas, so I am going to share more cute foods with you!

Can you handle the cuteness?

Thanks to your feedback, the Easy Minute Microwave Cheesecake has been a snazzy-huge success filled with flavor happiness.

In fact, you loved it so much, bunnies leaped out of their clover patches and deer popped their heads out of the forest to bid you a good day. It’s a little like Snow White minus the pond rocks to beat the clothing on.

Tip: Want to watch calories? Try ground turkey or chicken instead of lean ground beef.

This recipe, in particular, is super fun and perfect for college students with only microwaves and anyone without an oven.

Oh, sure, you can bake these in an oven, too, or you can use spend just a few minutes and enjoy a healthy, home cooked meal in a pinch. Why not give this a whirl?

I save the spread for the top of the dish at the end of the process since sauces tend to get lost in the loaf, but not on the loaf.

See where my scientist brain goes? It goes to wonderful places, my friend. Wonderful places.

Have fun with this recipe, and be sure to share with your friends and family. I also love hearing from you, so be sure to leave comments. I read every one and try to respond to all of them.

Easy Microwave 3-Minute Meatloaf

Meatloaf
1/2 cup raw hamburger
1 egg
1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning (I use Mrs. Dash Garlic and herb)

Sauce
2 Tbsp low-carb ketchup
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Combine meatloaf ingredients only. Pour into a microwave safe bowl or ramekin  (for less mess, place a plate under the ramekin to catch drippings). Microwave on high power for 2 minutes. Place ketchup and Worcestershire on top and smear around to combine. Cook for one more minute on high. Allow to rest in the microwave for another minute to allow cooking to finish.

Makes 1 mini meatloaf. These can be made ahead and frozen. If you do freeze them, save the topping for the reheat before serving.

Makes 1.

Nutritional Information per meatloaf: Calories: 202, Carbohydrates: 3.0 g, Fiber: 0 g,Net Carbohydrates: 3.0 g,  Protein: 19.7 g, Fat: 12.1 g

Comments

1. Donna Howard says:

I literally said ‘what’!!! Sounds good. But low carb ketchup?? Never heard of it. Where oh where did you find such a thing!!!

• Donna, you can find it typically with the ketchup. It’s the Heinz brand with Splenda. You could also use regular ketchup, too.

• I personally haven’t seen low carb ketchup in stores around here in ages!!!
        I make my own. Lots of recipes around.
        I think I use a tweak of other recipes myself.

NOT to Dis the recipe at All!!,,, but I’ve rarely liked meat dishes that were cooked in the microwave. BUT…… This WOULD be great for someone without an oven, and I might be surprised to find this would turn out pretty good. But NO parm cheese for me!!!! YUCK! I’d have to sub out shredded cheddar or cheddar/jack (or colby — colby/jack), but that’s me. I always do this when a recipe calls for Parm cheese. If it doesn’t seem like the cheddar/jack (or whichever) would work, I usually just don’t make it. Just can’t go Parm cheese. Again, I’m NOT dissin this recipe at all!!! And I may just try it one of these days with the cheese sub.

• I normally don’t even like meatloaf, let alone microwaved meat typically, but I have to say, if I hadn’t given this a shot, I would still be doubting. This recipe is so good! I hope you can give it a shot sometime. You can even try a tiny portion!

2. This is awesome! One of those…why didn’t I think of that kind of things! Not only great for college kids but for us older, retired types who don’t have a family to feed any more except holidays etc. I often make way too much food for myself & end up eating it for days. This gives me a lot of new ideas to play with. Thanks, XXOO

3. I love you, Jamie! I really love that this recipe is for 1. Being a single gal, it’s nice to not be making huge meals that I have to eat for 5 days. I cannot wait to try this!!
    Kelly

4. Kathy Fuller says:

Oh yum!! Gonna try this one this afternoon!! Thanks, Jamie!! :)

5. thanks for the recipe-I shared it on my fb page-have a wonderful day

6. I am definitely going to try this!! THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!! I have to shout, I love easy microwave dishes. :)

7. I love you!

8. Donna Humphrey says:

This is perfect Jaime! I have switched to Nutrisystem for a while because I was not losing weight. This will be perfect for me to make for my husband while I have a Nutrisytem meal!

• Excellent! I hope he likes it as much as my hubby does! Keep on truckin’ and do what works for you, hot little mama!

• Donna Humphrey says:

It was scaring me because i was doing what i had done before but i was actually still gaining! I know that age, hormones etc have a lot to do with gaining/losing weight and I think that it is all more complicated than we would like to think. But before I do high fat/moderate protein/low carb again I will develop a strict plan for myself. Probably will have to really watch calories too. Getting older isn’t for wimps! <3

• I agree with you 100% Donna. I am definitely working harder this time around to lose the same weight I dropped a few years ago. It really makes you appreciate efforts and accentuate the successes.

9. Chocolate Rose says:

Awesome!!! You’re recipes are the best. This will be perfect for those nights when you come home from work and are too pooped to cook and can’t think of anything to make. I always have these ingredients in the house. Thanks!

• Thanks so much for your kind words! I really hope you like this. It’s amazing how much flavor a tiny serving of Mrs/ Dash adds to the meal, too. My husband was in love with the flavor.

• Chocolate Rose says:

I had to come back and tell you that I just ate this for dinner. It was one of those nights where dh and dd were eating something not a part of my way of eating (I’m the only one doing LCHF). So, perfect night to give this a go. I always have ground turkey in the freezer in about 1/4 pound packages (give or take). I defrosted a package, mixed up the ingredients, added in some dried onion (too tired to cut up an onion), and put it in my microwave egg muffin pan I bought at Walmart. It was the perfect size pan and nothing stuck to it so very quick clean up. Extremely quick dinner which was great as I was starving. I then turned this into a meatloaf sandwich using an Oopsie Roll. I’m thinking that this would be a great lunch to take to work. Thanks so much for sharing all of your creative food ideas!

• Yeah! I am so glad you like this recipe! I am so happy with the fact you gave it a try even though it sounds a bit odd–and then took the time to say you like it. That makes me feel like a sparkly fairy of happiness!

10. Great idea for traveling if the room has a microwave, after a stop in a grocery store for the meat. Always looking for ways to stay out of those “fast food” places. Thanks for the great ideas, can’t wait to try this.

11. Spectacular! And here I am making muffins in a cup! However, I have not thought of meatloaf in a cup! You are simply a genius! What a marvel you are!

Wow!
    Regards,
    Glad

12. I have made this before and was surprised how well it came out. I added chopped onion and green pepper to mine. Thanks for the reminder!!

13. To GrannyM, I too am alone now (well college girls coming in today but just for the weekend). I make full recipes, then put individual portions into baggies, then all into a large freezer bag with the name of the recipe on it. Lo and behold, I just look in my freezer each morning and go einee meenie minie mo, and pull one out. All thawed by supper time. Add a vegetable and I have a wonderful dinner! I am one happy LC camper! This meatloaf also fits the bill, I could make up quite a few of these and the freeze them. Then thaw, cover with the topping. Wow, you are good, Jamie!!!!!! Thanks! This method also helps me with portion control of which I have none, ha ha!!

• And will be sharing this with my one daughter who has an on-campus kitchen and prepares all of her meals. So few ingredients and inexpensive, and and and, shall I keep going ?????

14. Kathy Fuller says:

Oh Jamie…..this is SOOOOOOOO good!! I made one for my lunch. I’m right in the middle of eating it, but had to stop to tell you how much I like it!! :) I mixed up two of them and I’ll cook the second one after while. For my sauce, I only had regular ketchup, so I’m sure it probably isn’t low carb. So, I used 1TBSP of ketchup and mixed it with something else. I had some sauce left over from the salisbury steak from the other day and I took 1/8 cup of that sauce with the 1TBSP of ketchup and used it instead. And, I have to say, it’s YUMMY!!! Thank you SO much for this recipe. This is gonna be a keeper I’ll make over and over, even if it’s only for me. :)

15. What a great idea!

16. These are genius, Jamie. I just made two and they were tasty and quick as a bunny to fix. One suggestion would be that an egg was too much for 1/2 cup of ground beef for me. I mixed and mixed and it still was eggy slimy, so I just added ingredients for another one and divided it into two cups. Perfection! Love the catsup and worcestershire sauce topping. Thanks for a terrific time saving and nummy meal.

17. Karen perkins says:

Can’t wait to try this too! My add in would be a piece of crumbled bacon to the meatloaf!!!

18. This is total Awesomeness!!! I can’t wait to make these and freeze some. Thanks for another quick and easy recipe.

19. oooh, I have to try this. wonder how it would be if you put a little well in it and broke an egg in there? sounds yummy. we will see. the possibilites are endless….I see mushrooms and bell peppers….yeah, thanks for the great ideas you give us!

20. oh wow I’m sooo excited to try this recipe. Thank you. Nancy

21. I also make a bunch of meatloaves at once by baking them in cupcake pans and then freezing until I want to use them!

22. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Emmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

This was delicious! I am so glad I doubled the recipe!!! I’m not much of a sauce ON meatloaf kinda girl, so I added the sauce as I mixed the meat together. This is close to my favorite meatloaf. Yummity in my tummity

23. Jamie, here’s a recipe share by Connie Munoz on my Quitting Sugar Facebook page. If someone can’t find the low-carb ketchup, or as a replacement for it. By the way, this recipe is brilliant…but that’s what I’ve come to expect from you. :-) Thanks!

——————

Connie Munoz – Homemade Ketcup

‎3 cups grape tomatoes (450g)
    ■1/4 cup sliced onion (35g)
    ■scant 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar) (12g)
    ■1/4 tsp salt

■optional: pinch garlic powder or minced garlic

Preheat oven to 400 F. Roast first two ingredients 40-45 minutes, or until the tomatoes are shriveled and most of their liquid is absorbed. Then blend with all other ingredients. Let cool before putting in the fridge, and for thickest results leave uncovered a few hours even after putting in the fridge.

• Hey you neat, sweet and always complete Scottness! If that was less work, I’d definitely make that (I make microwave meals and complicated gourmet desserts; how’s that for a dichotomy). I’m sure others might be interested, for sure. Thanks so much for sharing!

24. Easy, fast, and delicious…what’s not to like? With a pound of ground beef I used only two eggs, and divided the mixture into 4 square little Corningware dishes. The cook time was perfect in my microwave. I topped each with chipotle ketchup, which is the favourite condiment in my house, and served the meatloaves with a mixed salad and your fabulous Thousand Island dressing. I have made meals that I have slaved over, and they have not been as well received as this one. Thanks so much!

25. My mom used to make meatloaf in the microwave all the time but I never thought about making them mini, Mom would make it with a big hole in the middle so it cooked evenly. I’d have to add some pureed carrots to mine, carrot always adds a natural sweetness to the hamburger.

26. Connie Lesley says:

Jamie, I just had this for dinner tonight and it was fantastic. This is exactly the kind of recipe I look for since I live alone. I hope you will come up w/ many more recipes like this, I would pay lots for a cookbook of similar recipes. Thanks so much.

1. […] why I’ve worked through some recipes just for you. I have an amazing 3-Minute Meatloaf and a quick Microwave Cheesecake, too! Friday, I even have a new, quick,  treat for you, so stay […]