Crunchy, delicious cheese straws.
- Crumble them on your salad for toppings
- Sneak a baggy of them into a movie for munching
- Take these to your favorite restaurant for dipping
- Crumble them over your favorite soup
- Season with popcorn seasoning and enjoy like Cheetos
- Pack these along in your backpack for a quick pick-me-up
- Perfect for kids’ lunches, make up a week’s worth in advance and pre-bag for grab-and-go
- Top your holiday green bean casseroles with these instead of french-fried onions after baking-especially if you season these with a titch of sour cream and onion popcorn seasoning, or the tiniest bit of onion powder
Easy Minute Microwave Cheese Straws
1 slice of American cheese
Cut in half. Cut in half again. Cut each half in halves. Cut each of those halves in half. Keep going until you have 32 slim slices of cheese.
Carefully arrange on a sheet of parchment paper. Microwave for 45 seconds. Let cool. Slide into a bowl or a bag. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information: Calories: 86, Carbohydrates: 1 g, Protein: 5 g, Fat: 6.8 g