The days fly by!
Sorry my little sharp celery sticks of deliciousness!
So much has been happening at YLS headquarters and it’s made me terrible at keeping up. I will work harder to keep up!
1. I have a project I hope to share with you soon. I can’t say what it is yet, but I am hoping it is marvelous. More on that another day.
2. I am now a licensed Radio Ham Technician. It means the FCC says, “You took the class, you passed the test (with 100% I might add), and paid your moneys. Here. Enjoy the capabilities that only Art Bell and millions of other co-nerds enjoy. And good luck with the Zombie invasions!”
The zombie what?
3. Chirruns. I have been spending too little time with my kids lately. We took the ham radio class together, but they’re telling me that doesn’t count.
4. I found another Ikea Jerker desk for a treadmill desk for my hubby! Remember I told you he keeps using mine? Well, now my son is, too. Don’t get me wrong; I am thrilled everyone is computing and getting their slow-twitch muscle action on, but a woman needs her space. Can I get an alleju up in here? Hello Kitty needs to represent up on this desk.
5. Worn out. On top of everything else, I’m just pooped. I spent part of yesterday watching documentaries (one of my guilty pleasures). I saw a documentary about the over-medication of children (“Generation RX”) and a documentary that has sworn me off of bottled water (“Tapped”).
Any other docunerds out there?
6. I lost 5.75 pounds last week! I know, right? I thought I gained for some reason, but I lost.
My losses for the MYResolution do far: 28.5 pounds
Total for all of our friends so far in this Mid-Year Resolution Challenge: 1049.2 pounds!
Look at us, all shrinking and stuff.
Now what I had yesterday… First of all, here’s the plan I’m following and here is the introduction post to the Mid-Year Resolution Challenge. While you look at what I’m doing, be sure to do your thing. I am thrilled to give some ideas, but I’m not the person you should necessarily look to for dieting advice (I’m not a paid nosh-a-titian). I am, however, here with you to cheer you on when you’re so skinny you will have to watch slipping through the cushions of your couch.
Be sure to subscribe for updates by adding your email right (in the sidebar) or through Feedburner in the title bar up top!
You can also click the tab up top that says Mid-Year Resolution for the daily play-by-play and to see what I’m doing. Whee!
A few days of food…
I ate this:
I ate all of the normal good stuff, and even lost weight this week to show it.
Last night (Monday) I did indulge in a Red Robin Oktoberfest burger with bun and overate french fries until I almost threw up. I’m not proud.
That said, today I’m back on track, on the treadmill, and it’s as though I just ate a big plate of steak, lettuce and Mexican yums–sans corn or wheat. I am still so full from what I had yesterday, I don’t see eating anytime this morning, anyway…
Since I am not good with gluten OR potatoes typically, I also took aspirin, Motrin, and Claritin. All seemed to help the typical aftermath of gluten… And because I was proactive, I think I staved off the inflammation and crawling legs, too.
I am also shouting out Wink here: If it wasn’t for Wink on Sunday when everyone had milkshakes (9 hour study session for the ham radio test), I would have been miserable. Their Strawberry Cheesecake with a fresh strawberry of my own kept me sane and on plan. I am not typically an ice cream girl, but wow. I am really glad I had the Wink or I would have been cranky.
What I learned:
What haven’t I learned?
1. I am sometimes too lazy to write to you, even though I think about you guys every day.
2. I sometimes have a week where I’m sure I gained, only to find out I lost.
3. I am willing to occasionally eat something off plan and keep it to one meal.
4. I always accept responsibility for my actions.
5. I am excited to see what happens next!