Hot Tuscan Chicken Salad

artichokedip1

Hi there! Just a quick recipe I wanted to share!

This Hot Tuscan Chicken Salad got lost in the move from my old site to this one, but thanks to a friend, it is again found!

I have added the nutritional information. To save carbohydrates and calories, use 3/4 cup ramekins (or a big casserole dish) and divide out servings that way. I’m a cheap date. What can I say.

Hot Tuscan Chicken Salad

2 cups cooked chicken
1- 6 oz jar artichoke hearts chopped
1/2 cup cooked bacon chopped
1/3 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp grated purple onion
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese grated
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Combine ingredients except cheese. Toss lightly. Pile into 4 individual baking dishes (1 cup ramekins). Sprinkle with grated cheese.  Bake for 10 minutes.

Makes 4 servings.

Nutritional Information per serving: Calories: 678,  Carbohydrates: 5.45 g, Fiber: .73 g, Net Carbohydrates: 4.72 g, Protein: 27.5 g, Fat: 60.7 g

Comments

1. Looks so yummy…can’t wait to try it!

2. Are both cheeses sprinkled on top, or is one mixed into the dish?

3. Yum!

4. EmmyLou666 says:

This looks fab, but I would have to leave out the mayonnaise because it’s evil and makes me sick! I can’t see that it would make much difference though – what do you think?

5. Jamie Schlemm says:

Just plain sun dried tomatoes or the ones in oil. Recipe sounds great

6. This would make a fabulous dip as well … just chop or mince the ingredients. *drooling*

7. So what would you sub for the artichoke hearts? I don’t have any sigh

• Hi, Lisa! You could add mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant, anything you enjoy. That’s the beauty of the dish; anything that lends itself well to that slightly Italian, zippy vibe is your choice, 100%–and my, how I do love to accessorize. Even my food!

8. oh Jamie, you have done it again! Can’t wait to try this. Reminds me of the LC version of Paula Deen’s hot chicken salad, which I ADORE… Pinned it!

9. Wow….this sounds delish. Thank you so much for making low carb foods delish!

10. paula leggett says:

What do you eat with it? Do have induction menu ideas? Gotta start over after the holidays!

11. Yum I saw this last night and knew I had to make this. I made it ( am eating it now ) OMG soo good. I swapped the artichoke for cauliflower and I added a few rings of hot banana peppers. A+++ so glad there are leftovers for the rest of the week.

12. Dinah Cox-Moore says:

I have this in the oven now! I’ve not cooked with sundried maters or artychokes very often, so I’m looking forward to trying this. I didn’t have any Moz cheese so just used fresh Parm

13. Cora Lyn S says:

This is the best thing I’ve earen since starting low carb! Thank you..thank you!

14. Sounds delish!

15. Stephanie says:

This sounds like it actually has FLAVOR!! whoot!! Since we started Atkins, I’ve felt very flavor deprived. I think I will make this tomorrow for me and my hubby, since we LOVE the Spinach Artichoke Dip at Applebees! Thanks!!

16. This looks so good, like a hearty artichoke dip. I just featured it on the Healthy such-channel of Bliss.com. Thanks for submitting it.

• Your Lighter Side says:

How cool! Thank you so much, Damaris! It is always such an honor to be featured on such a dynamic, fun site!

17. molly christensen says:

wow. i was just looking at this recipe on your website yesterday…even bookmarked it! making it was meant to be…

• Your Lighter Side says:

I hope you love this as much as I do. Just thinking of the tangy, cheesy qualities of this dish has me wanting to make it right now…

18. Pure awsomeness!!! I served it with a cucumber, tomato & avacado salad with a balsamic vinegar dressing (Newman’s Own, lite). Hubby declared that he was eating very slowly in order to make the dinner last. A real keeper!

1. [...] based on this recipe. This turned out really well, although the garlic was quite raw tasting so I might make it with [...]