A fun way to use pumpkin in the off-season, these easy peasy pumpkin bites can be frozen for those days you really need a small bite packed with vitamins and deliciousness.
Mini Pumpkin Praline Bites
1/3 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
1/3 cup pumpkin
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp sugar equivalent in a substitute
4 Tbsp salted butter
2 Tbsp heavy white cream
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp sugar free maple syrup
2 Tbsp sugar equivalent in a substitute
1. Combine filling ingredients in mixing bowl.
2. Form into walnut-sized balls (about 2″). (If it turns out the mixture is too moist initially, refrigerate before making into balls.)
3. Chill in refrigerator for an hour on waxed paper.
4. To make the coating, melt butter in microwave with cream, about 30 seconds, stirring at 15 or 20 seconds (you don’t want to fry the cream and butter, but merely melt them).
5. Stir in cocoa and sweetener, working in all ingredients.
6. Roll cold mini cakes in chocolate, coating thoroughly (I use a spoon).
7. Chill on waxed paper until ready to serve.
8. Keep refrigerated.
Makes about 10 candies.
Per candy: 93 Cals.; 2 g Carbs.; 1 g Fiber; 1 g Net Carbs. ; 1 g Protein; 9 g Fat