If all those late-night summer celebrations and hours in the sun have left your skin looking.. not so sexy, tired, and dry, it’s time to get proactive about your skincare via what you are putting in your mouth!
Sexy summer skin starts does not start with super expensive make up counter creams, but from what you consume sister! That’s right: beauty really does come from within… aww how sweet Even the best doctors and cleansers cannot rescue a bad diet’s effects on your skin.
1. Get an Oil Change Girlfriend. Vegetable oils and processed foods are loaded with nasty fats that help neither your waistline nor your skin. Swap them for extra virgin olive oil: “EVOO” for salads, olive oil for sauteing, and coconut oil for cooking at high heats. Avocado, olives, and coconut milk also provide good fats for gorgeous skin. Nuts and nut butters make healthy snacks loaded in good fat. If you’re not eating fish several times each week, take a fatty acid supplement, there are plenty to chose from.
2. Taste the Rainbow, Follow the Rainbow. A variety of fruits and vegetables provide valuable nutrients and antioxidants that support healthy skin. As we get older our collagen breaks down and that leads to wrinkles. Since our bodies require vitamin C to synthesize collagen, we need to get large amounts from fruits and vegetables like broccoli and berries. You have probably heard about the antioxidants in grapes, blueberries, and yes, red wine.. WOO HOO!
3. Ditch the Sweets, Darlin’. You know sugar is not doing you any favors, and that especially proves that truth with your skin. Sugar attaches to collagen and smashes them to bits. Learn to satisfy your sweet tooth with low-glycemic berries and yummy fruits, sweet potatoes, and vanilla.
4. Protein is Healthy not only for muscles, also.. Collagen. High-quality protein like wild salmon and grass-fed beef offer optimal amounts of collagen-building amino acids. Animal protein also contains zinc. I start every morning with a protein shake that combines plant-based protein powder, coconut milk, berries, kale, and chia seeds. Talk about a delish filling, fat-burning breakfast that’s also fabulous for your skin! Play around with it and make your our shake, sweet cakes
5. Hydrate. Once you realize you’re thirsty, you are already dehydrated, which zaps the moisture from your skin. Always keep your own bottle of water nearby to quench your thirst and hydrate your cells to keep the nutrients in and flush those nasty toxins out! Good hydration means you sweat more efficiently to keep your skin glowing and looking fabulous. You should drink half your body weight in water ounces, say you are 200lbs, drink 100 ounces of water a day. Start with a big glass first thing in the morning, I am always thirsty when I wake up anyways so it is an easy routine to get used to. The only time you should not guzzle water is during meals, too much liquid can dilute stomach enzymes that break down protein.
Do you have any secrets to sexy summer skin? Please share!