If the growing interest in Ayurveda or essential oils has been on your radar and you are interested in exploring, I’d love to introduce you to ELANVEDA, a growing Ayurveda-inspired health and wellness brand that I was just recently introduced to. ELANVEDA is one of the few companies that specialized in natural and organic essential oil blends and supplements for everyday ailments. A couple of weeks ago, I had a chance to experience the product at a media event in Malibu and had an opportunity to meet with co-founder, Dan Palmer and chat with him about the brand and the growing demand for more natural products in the market place. He even shared some great simple tips on how one can start to live a more Ayurvedic lifestyle!
Below are 8 tips to start living a more Ayurvedic lifestyle in 2015- To learn more about Dan Palmer’s story and about ELANVEDA, visit www.elanveda.com.
- Sleep: One of the key pillars of Ayurveda. Sleep enhances your energy levels during your waking hours.
- Meditation/yoga: I recently began practicing Transcendental meditation, which I practice for 20 minutes first thing in the morning and 20 minutes in the afternoon. I feel that it relieves stress, clears my head, and prepares me for the rest of the day.
- Eat a light breakfast: Whether it’s a piece of fruit, a small bowl of granola, you want to get your digestive system working early in the morning. I recommend not eating a large meal too early, as it will make you sluggish.
- No electronics in the bedroom: Sleeping in peace is of major importance, and I like to consider my bedroom a device-free environment. This allows your body to relax, and helps to avoid the stress of a midnight text or email coming through to unsettle your rest.
- Drink lots of water: Drinking room temperature water augments digestion and your metabolism, prevents constipation, fights diseases and helps to keep a clean/clear complexion.
- Exercise: Everyone has their favorite form of exercise, and just like a car needs to be driven; the body needs to be active. I enjoy swimming laps in the pool. When I’m swimming, my mind relaxes, my body gets a workout, and I feel incredible when I’m done. If I cannot get to the pool, I’ll take an hour out of my day to walk. I enjoy looking at the scenery and breathing fresh air.
- Eat with the seasons: Try and eat organic fruits and vegetables that are produced during the season you are currently in: I.E. watermelon in the summer.
- Doshas: Every body has a different mind-body constitution. Bad adapting your habits to your dosha type, you gain vitality and self-understanding.
Lastly, we are happy to announce that Your Lighter Side will be hosting an essential oils giveaway starting Wed, Feb. 4th to Fri, Feb 6th via Twitter– To participate in the giveaway follow ELANVEDA on Twitter athttps://twitter.com/elanveda and retweet Your Lighter Side’s ELANVEDA Essential Oils giveaway tweet on your page and hashtag: #ELANVEDA #EVessentialoils – Feel free to post multiple times on multiple days! Participants will have the opportunity to win 3 of ELANVEDA’S Top Selling Essential Oils: Muscle & Jointl, Skin Renue, & All Sinus.