This totally fun, chunky, chewy easy bleu/blue cheese dip recipe is the perfect addition to celery, hamburgers, carrots, flax crackers, celeriac chips, for dipping wings, you name it! I put some of this recipe out with veggies today for kids home on Spring break and the dip is disappearing at a rapid rate.
If there’s just too much blue cheese goodness for you, be sure to reduce the amount of cheese a little bit. There’s no shame in that. Also:
- If you don’t have white wine vinegar, you can sub any other vinegar (balsamic is not Atkins induction friendly, however).
- This recipe is induction friendly if you limit dip to less than 1/4 of the recipe, since sour cream is fine, but in limited quantities.
- If you’re watching fat in addition to glycemic load, try a lower-fat sour cream.
- You can use a clove of fresh garlic if you have some. I use powder here since it’s easiest.
- Want bacon? Of course, you do! Optional information is included for adding 3 strips chopped, cooked bacon to the dip.
Simple Blue Cheese Dip
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup blue cheese
3 strips cooked bacon, chopped (optional)
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Mix ingredients. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld. Keep refrigerated after use and try to use within the week to keep your blue cheese dip from turning blue and green.
Makes 12, 2 Tbsp servings.
Per serving: Calories: 107, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 1.6g, Fat: 10.8g
Per serving with bacon: Calories: 111, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 1.9g, Fat: 11g