Perfectly pleasing in every way, get your pepperoni on this week.
You won’t even notice it’s made from (gasp) cauliflower. As a matter of fact, the last time my son had a friend over, they noshed these bread sticks. My son came to me and he said, “Don’t worry; I didn’t tell him they were made from cauliflower.”
Now me, I tend to fly my cauliflower banner high. I’m proud of this gluten-free, low-carb substitute for bread–and the fact that people have no idea it’s made from cauliflower? Pretty incredible.
I love how simple and quick these are to make. Much less fussy than actual bread sticks. To boot, you can even make these ahead and freeze some for later.
Ready? Let’s kick pizza night up a notch.
Cauliflower Pepperoni Breadsticks
Full of Italian flavor and fresh vegetables, this gold standard of gluten-free pizzas remains nearly unchanged, even after four years. The cheese and cauliflower crust set up beautifully when allowed to cool, forming a tasty, hand-holdable crust (especially the next day) that also lends itself to bread sticks and other recipes on this site.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2.Combine all ingredients in a bowl. In a greased bread pan (9×5), press about 1-1/2″ deep cauliflower pizza dough.
3. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, or until set.
4. With a spatula loosen the dough around the edges carefully, and remove the square of dough to a greased cookie sheet.
5. With a pizza cutter, slice strips through the set dough ( slice along the width and not the length for normal bread sticks).
6. Separate slightly. Sprinkle with garlic salt and/or extra mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake at 450 degrees until the top browns.
Once the oven is preheated to 450 degrees, it is easy to pop in a couple of pizza crusts as well.
Serve with marinara sauce (optional).
NOTES: Crust can be frozen without the toppings after the first baking. Simply thaw, top and then bake for 12-15 minutes in a 425 degree Fahrenheit oven.
Crust can be doubled, but extend baking time.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING: Calories: 264, Carbohydrates: 7.4 grams, Fiber: 2.1 grams, Net Carbohydrates: 5.5 grams, Protein: 19 grams, Fat: 18 g