|Fresh and lovely|
So what’s better than cheese you can add beef and veggies to for a savory, sumptuous crock pot dish? Really, this is such a wonderful dinner because you can prep everything in advance and then go for broke on those busy week nights.
You can even make your meatballs ahead of time, freeze and start cooking the morning you have the hankering for a comfort dish that’s both low carb and super healthy. Here, the meatballs are fresh and they held together tremendously well in the dish, even after 6 hours!
Of course, if you want to bring the sexy, be sure to sprinkle the soup with bacon bits just to say POW, or add to the soup for extra, meaty, chewy goodness.
Finally, the meatballs are tender and juicy, and they hold together wonderfully, even after cooking. It’s fun to have all of those textures and flavors together in a bowl of soup. But enough about me and mah soup.Let’s get to it.
Crockpot Cheesy Meatball Soup
1 lb ground beef
1/4 cup LC-Breading mix (can sub with ground flax seed meal)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano
1 Tbsp parsley
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
For the stock
2 cups organic beef broth (or stock)
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped fine
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped fine
1 chopped celery stalk
1/2 cup chopped purple onion
5 large mushrooms, chopped
5 strips bacon (optional or for garnish)
1. Meatballs: mix ingredients together thoroughly.
2. Shape into medium size meatballs.
3. Place uncooked meatballs and all other ingredients (stock recipe), except cheese sauce, in 4 quart crock pot.
4. Stir gently.
5. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
4 Tbsp water
4 Tbsp heavy white cream
4 Tbsp butter
8 slices American cheese
6. Preparecheese sauce by placing all ingredients in a microwave safe dish.
7. Microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
8. Add cheese sauce to the soup, stirring gently until blended.
Makes about 6 servings, or a little over 6 cups of soup.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories: 419, Carbohydrates: 5.7 g, Fiber: 2 g, Net Carbohydrates: 3.7 g, Protein: 27 g, Fat: 32 g