Hey! We all loves us some Friday!
Take a few minutes to think about how you plan to get through the weekend intact.
1. Tape a picture of a thinner you on the refrigerator. Pasting pictures of Victoria’s Secret angels might be motivational, but it can also be psychologically harmful. You at your healthy weight, feeling terrific is good enough. You don’t need a pair of wings and a push up bra to inspire yourself.
That goes for you, too guys! (Esp. with the push up bras)
2. Make sure your kitchen is stocked with healthy foods. If you need to shop, shop, but weekends + busy = great excuses for “This bite won’t hurt me”.
3. Get outdoors. The weather is deliciously warm in many parts of the country now, so step outdoors. No one is telling you go out and manually hoe the entire yard. Just get outside, breathe the fresh air, and soak in the Vitamin D of that luscious sunshine.
4. Do something for you. Honestly. When is the last time you did something special for my favorite people (you, not the Real Housewives). Nurturing yourself is so important. It reminds you to take care of your greatest asset in more ways than one.
5. Find new motivation. Weekends can be time of quiet reflection. Maybe you’ve never allowed yourself to be motivated by a cute outfit before, thinking it’s weird. Or you think it might be selfish to want to be skinny, just to make your busty neighbor-gardener jealous (after all, her melons look amazing). Think of things that might motivate you in a new and invigorating way. Would being able to go to the gym and working with a personal trainer make you happier? What about thinking about the annual meeting you plan to attend in six months?
What motivates you?