Look at these layers of pizza loveliness! I used the chicken crust again and am so happy with the results. Look at how dense and rich this dinner is. You can even prep and freeze for a later date.
And it’s really east to make, too. Seriously, this is so cheesetastic and loaded with flavors. I specifically loaded her up with pepperoni, green peppers and onions.
I want to add that I’m really sorry for the lack of commentary this week. Hubby is home from work and this is my little one’s last week of home schooling finals, so things have been much nuttier than usual. I look forward to resuming my chattier side of Sears in the very near future. In the mean time,please enjoy the food and feel free to leave a comment, email and subscribe to the site for the latest recipes!
Just a few tips and suggestions:
- Leaner meat is your friend. Think boneless, skinless chicken breasts, and not dark meat. I tried this dish with other meats and the fat coagulated under the crust, making this a less pleasant dish. The cheese adds enough fat (even low fat mozzarella) that you want lean protein.
- Make sure to mince cooked, lean chicken prior to processing with the cheese. I use my Ninja, but a food processor or an amazing blender, or a sharp knife can do the same thing. Don’t over-process. You just want a fine shred, not pate.
- You will use a processor twice for this recipe: Once to process the chicken into fine shreds, and again to incorporate the cheese into the blend.
- If you are dairy free, try using an egg and 1/4 cup flax seed meal (adjust as needed) instead of cheese as binding agents.
- If you are vegetarian, you could replace chicken with a non-meat protein.
- Parchment paper is your friend. If you grease your pan, you can use butter, but the parchment just makes nonstick so much nicer.
- This crust is gluten free and Atkins induction friendly.
Ready for the magic?
Gluten Free Stuffed Pizza
1.5 cups packed cooked, minced chicken breast
1.5 cups packed mozzarella, shredded
1 Tbsp parsley, dried
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Process chicken and cheese together. Mixture will resemble a meal/thick, dense crumb consistency. Press a little over half of the chicken/cheese mixture on in a 10″ spring form pan lined with parchment. Top with parsley, basil, onion and garlic powder. Top with sauce and toppings. Add the rest of the chicken/cheese dough, pressed lightly down. Top with sauce, toppings and cheese. Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool for five minutes. Slice and serve.
Makes a 10″ stuffed pizza.
Nutritional information per 1/8 of pizza, prepared with pepperoni and added cheese and no-sugar pizza sauce: Calories: 180 , Carbohydrates: 1.8 g , Fiber: .2 g, Net Carbohydrates: 1.6 g , Protein: 17.3 g, Fat: 11 g.
Nutritional information per 1/8 of pizza crust only: Calories: 96.9, Carbohydrates: .5 g , Fiber: 0 g, Net Carbohydrates: .5 g , Protein: 11.9 g, Fat: 5g.