The bacon milkshake.
Jack in the Box’s newest dessert menu item, their bacon milkshake comes in at 770 calories and 89 carbohydrates.
Mine comes in at 1100 calories and 8 carbohydrates. Granted, I add more zhoozh to mine, so it’s going to be fattier and more flavorful (read tips below for cutting fat and calories). The review: This low carb milkshake is filling. I had one and it was a meal. This milkshake is delicious. I am a tough sell when it comes to sweets. I don’t even like sweets. So for me to sign off on this is pretty major. It’s the perfect combination of fat to sweet and savory; and, believe it or not, the slight salt in the optional, chopped bacon bits really adds some amazing chew to the overall result. The result? Love. Love love love.
- Want to cut calories and fat? Use coconut milk or almond milk in your shake in place of the heavy whipped cream and skip the whipped cream topping and optional bacon bits.
- Do not skimp on the bacon fat and the maple flavors; they really make this delicious. Cut calories with the milk replacements.
- The ice cream you can use varies. I used LC Food Corp’s Vanilla Ice Cream mix because it’s quick and easy. (Read more here for my simple process.) You may use commercial, low carb ice creams, but beware maltitol.
- I buy my Brown Sugar blend from Kroger. Look for the purple bag in the baking aisle. Their site.
- If your shake is too thick, add water to thin out the cream, 2 Tbsp at a time.
- This recipe is not Atkins induction friendly, but it is low carb.
- This recipe is gluten free and sugar free.
- No, it’s not for daily consumption. Even though this one is friendly to the blood sugar, who drinks milkshakes on a regular basis?
- Any other questions? Drop me a comment below!
8-10 scoops/cups low carb vanilla ice cream
6 Tbsp heavy cream
2-4 Tbsp maple flavored syrup (I used Davinci’s pancake syrup)
4 Tbsp bacon fat
4 Tbsp cocoa
4 Tbsp brown sugar replacement
4 Tbsp butter
The whipped cream:
1 cup heavy white cream
¼ tsp maple extract
¼ cup sweetener
1. In large mixing bowl, whip heavy cream with maple extract and sweetener on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
2. Mix ice cream with other shake ingredients in a blender. Spoon/pour into two glasses.
3. If using whipped topping, top shakes.
4. In microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate syrup ingredients, mixing every 20 seconds, until all ingredients are incorporated. Drizzle over shakes.
5. Optional: Serve with crumbled bacon bits.
For the 1/2 Shake recipe: Calories: 509 , Carbohydrates: 3 , Fiber: 0 , Net Carbohydrates: 3 , Protein: 2.75, Fat: 54.5
For 1/2 the Whipped Topping recipe: Calories: 416 , Carbohydrates: 3, Fiber: 0 , Net Carbohydrates: 3 , Protein: 2.5, Fat: 44
For 1/8 of the glaze recipe: Calories: 57 , Carbohydrates: 2, Fiber: 0, Net Carbohydrates: 2, Protein: .5, Fat: 6
Jack in the Box Bacon shake, 16 fluid ounces: Calories: 770, Carbohydrates: 89g, Fiber: 0g, Net Carbohydrates: 89g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 40g