As soon as I saw McDonalds had Shamrock Shakes available for March, I wanted one in the worst way. I went one better; why not a Shamrock Frappuccino? It’s pretty yummy, so bless yer lucky charms for that!
Really, though. Seriously. Right now. Do it… I’ll even share… yours…
- You can sub dairy for nondairy in this beverage. Almond milk, coconut milk, you name it; the real thickener is the ice, so go a little lactoseless if need be.
- You can skip the green food coloring. The real color of this frappe is a bone white (yes, I’m the person who hugs the paint swatches at Home Depot). I just like the color, especially around St. Patty’s Day. The only thing green and funky around my house shouldn’t be the laundry. Am I wrong here?
- This drink is seriously, superbly low carb, at only 1.7 net carbs for the drink. It’s filling and I didn’t even go for the heavy whipped cream or the chocolate. I went full frontal minty. I might not even brush my teeth now.
Mint Tea Frappuccino
1. Combine powdered sweetener, tea and water. Let steep for 5 minutes. Squeeze excess tea bag into water after removing to get the most of the flavor and color.
2. Crush ice in blender (or, better yet, use the crush setting on the ice maker). Combine all ingredients in blender and mix until frothy.
3. Top with whipping cream and chocolate syrup if desired.
Makes 1, approx 12 ounce frozen frappuccino.
Nutritional information (without the cream and chocolate): Calories: 103, Carbohydrates: 1.7g, Fat: 3g
Nutritional information (with the cream and chocolate): Calories: 206, Carbohydrates: 2.7g, Fat: 6g