I am no longer working full-time! *does touch down dance*
I am going to spend my entire day doing the following:
1. I am going to clean my kitchen and not clean it in the usual flurry of ‘grab a minute to do this’
2. I am going to wash laundry. And enjoy it.
3. I am going to listen to the radio. All day.
4. I am going to be able to sit and write now without feeling pulled in so many different directions.
5. I might nap. Just because.
6. I can let my kids talk at normal volume after school, because I’m not going to be on calls.
7. I wrote a column for today and enjoyed the process instead of rushing through it to slap something up quickly.
I am really excited! While it’s better to be employed in this economy than not, I am really looking forward to what normally non-exciting jobs I used to brush off as being “mom stuff”. I am actually excited to sort socks, to go grocery shopping and to clean my kitchen without worrying I might miss a meeting.
This is great stuff! Normalcy. Socks. Dishes. Blogging.
And my kids have never been happier.
Me, I’m looking forward to nothing (meaning no work).
What are you looking forward to this week?
Yay for naps! I love them so! I like them better when they turn into all night affairs.
Also, when you get bored, please feel free to come clean my kitchen, too….because I am just that kind of a friend.
Congrats and it’s nice to see you blogging. I envy you. I HAVE to work to avoid becoming a hobo.
Looking forward to reading more updates!
I’m glad you’re back. I’m hoping you will be able to update this blog more often. I need recipes woman!
Well good for you! You watch though… it won’t be long before you’re so busy you wonder how you ever had time for work!
Amy Dungan (Sparky's Girl) says
I have two words for you: instant messaging. 😉
Congrats. It will be so nice to simply have time to stop and breath. Long deep refreshing breaths. Enjoy.
If it means you have more time to share your wit and ideas with us here, then hip hip hooray, if it means you get to spend more time with your family even better.
Have a great time!