Look at that super cute pumpkin of a theme pizza!~ I am so excited about it because it’s made with my uber fabulicious zucchini pizza crust, and just in time for the most fun holiday evar (it brings out the kid in all of us).
And not only is it made with my fabulicious pizza crust, I’ve revamped the recipe. So cool! Better yet, it’s still incredibly low carb, gluten free and easier than ever to make. And, as per usual, this is gluten free!
You can definitely still hold it in your hand, arguably even better than before (make sure to wring out the zucchini after grating to squeeze out some of the excess moisture). Try it and see what you think! One thing’s for sure: It’ll be a frightful delight for the ghouls and boys at your dinner table.
Oh yes. I went for the cheap pun.
Mr. Pumpkin Halloween Pizza
2 cups (1 medium-sized vegetable) shredded zucchini, well drained and squeezed to remove excess moisture
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup grated, canned Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup pizza sauce (I use the store brand)
Medium cheddar cheese
Green Pepper strip
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix all dough ingredients together in a bowl.
3. On a greased cookie sheet, form zucchini dough into an oval and shape out like a pumpkin (This will look like a flattened heart). Be sure to keep dough as even as possible (no thick and thin spots for even baking).
4. Bake for 12 minutes or until bits on the top begin to turn golden and edges are golden-brown.
5. Using a metal spatula, carefully work your way around the pan, lifting dough gently, to separate from the pan. Grab a second spatula and flip the crust (if this freaks you out or the dough is too thin, leave it as-is and skip step 6).
6. Bake for 5 more minutes.
7. On baked crust, spread sauce and cheese; make a face from pepperoni.
8. Bake again until cheese is bubbly and golden, about 5-10 minutes.
9. Cool for 5 minutes, add the strip of green pepper and present your boo-tiful dinner.
Refrigerate leftovers. Makes one large or two smaller pizzas.
Nutritional Information for the entire pizza crust recipe (toppings not included):
Calories: 785 Carbohydrates: 9 Fiber: 0 Net carbohydrate: 9 Fat: 49 g Protein: 75 g