Coupled with the ever so naughty stuffed chicken breast, you can get saucy any time. Paired here with veggie stuffed chicken breasts.
There are times my cautious teens still don’t get it.
They still think things like alfredo sauce are supposed to harbor bizarre ingredients and taste like chemicals. Even when they see the heavy white cream and other ingredients on the counter, they keep asking, “But what else is in it?” What do they want me to say? Magical unicorn farts? It’s alfredo. It’s simple. It should be.
Enjoy this special recipe that became my family’s new favorite this week. Sometimes even the teens have got to just shut up and eat. Now they’re glad they did.
Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo Sauce
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1 tsp thickener (optional, like xanthan)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 tsp pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
4 Tbsp chopped, sun-dried tomato
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium/low heat in a saucepan.
2. Add thickener (if used), stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
3. Remove from heat. Add cream, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and pepper.
4. Return to heat and bring to a simmer, stirring often.
5. Remove from heat. Add cheeses. Return to heat just until cheeses are liquid, 3-5 minutes.
Makes 1.5 cups alfredo sauce.
Nutritional information per 1/4 cup: Calories: 400, Carbohydrates: 3 g, Fiber: 0 g, Net Carbohydrates: 3 g, Protein: 8 g, Fat: 41 g
Domesticity Nouveau says
You should really look into those magical unicorn farts, especially the variety with glitter… they really do make a dish wonderful, teeheehee 🙂
This recipe sounds yum yum yum yummy!!! Can't wait to give it a whirl!