|Egg molds come in many shapes, from bunnies to bears|
Tools of the Trade: The Egg Mold
Originally purchased for bento cooking, I acquired egg molds (I found mine through ebay) in order to make exciting shapes with hard boiled eggs. Making molded eggs is pretty simple if you follow a few key steps.
- Prepare a bath of ice water in a mixing bowl.
- Once eggs are boiled, keep eggs warm in water (cold eggs won’t mold).
- As soon as possible (and without burning your fingers), peel egg and place in the center of a mold.
- Immerse mold in ice-cold water for 10 minutes.
- Remove egg and allow to cool in the refrigerator. Repeat process with more eggs.