I am not going to fib. Not long after my post was published yesterday, I felt intensely sick the whole rest of the night and into today. I spent last night either throwing up or wishing I could to feel better. The amount of phlegm that emptied into my stomach due to the foods I ingested made me feel as though I’d been the victim of food poisoning, as a friend put it. And that is what I threw up.
Long story short: Sugar was fine yesterday; it was the bread, soy and potatoes that made me starve irrationally to the point of illness. A piece of chocolate here and there did nothing to cause problems. Sugar isn’t particularly healthy, but it wasn’t the demon I had taunting me in the form of nightshades, soy or gluten. I continue to learn so much. I am glad to be feeling better today, but it’s still touch and go. I know there is a lot of phlegm still in my stomach.
Now, I promised I’d clue you in on the next weight loss challenge for our friends of Your Lighter Side (whee!)
Please feel free to sign up here and follow the instructions. <—click link to sign up!
Rules for the Valentine’s Day Challenge:
1.We run from December 31-February 18. Short and sweet, fun-sized and fabulous–like you. Per Quay’s reminder, I typically pick a totally random time for us to start. So how about 8:06 pm on the 31st.
2. Please keep track of your own totals. I would love to input your information, but I need everyone to handle their own numbers for time and for your benefit. It makes the process more invested for you and more fun, too!
3. Please record your losses as positive numbers and gains as negative numbers or a “0.” The way the spreadsheet is set up, progress means moving in a positive direction, so please don’t record negative numbers for losses; only positive.
4. Please do not alter the spreadsheet, save for your line. And remember, we’re not sharing your weight; we’re sharing what you’d like to lose only and how you’re doing. Your privacy is important.
5. Please update weekly. If you plan to never check in, it’s probably best not to commit to the spreadsheet until you’re ready. Nothing looks worse than seeing a lot of friends drop out.
6. Please bookmark the Spreadsheet. This way you can refer back to it as needed. This is the address for the page: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai8RiTHjSJs8dDFhSmtOOHJ2MExiRjN3dk10bDUyQkE#gid=0
We begin next Monday with your New Year’s Eve weigh-in (which is the last weigh-in for the MYResolution Challenge). This challenge runs from New Year’s Eve to the Monday after Valentine’s Day for even greater accountability!
Now on to how I’ve been doing with our Mid-Year Challenge… Be sure to do your thing. I am thrilled share my progress and thoughts, but I’m not the person you should necessarily look to for dieting advice (I’m not a paid nosh-a-titian). Be sure to subscribe for updates by adding your email right (in the sidebar) or through Feedburner in the title bar up top. You can also click the tab up top that says Mid-Year Resolution for regular updates.
I ate this:
Breakfast: Nothing. I am still sick from yesterday.
Lunch: Cottage cheese, shredded Parmesan cheese, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, green olives (essentially, baseline foods I know that won’t make me sick)
Dinner: 1/4 cup roasted, salted peanuts still in the shell + 1 small slice of cheese
Late night snack: 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
Notes: I am so not hungry today. No shocker there…
What I learned:
Allergies = phlegm = stomach upset.