I finally broke down and requested an Atkins Quick-Start Kit because I’ve been hearing good things about them. What can I say? I’m a curious cat.
- A Quick-Start Guide with sample menus, success stories, some recipes, news about the free Atkins app, a $3 rebate form for The New Atkins for a New You Workbook , and two coupons for a dollar off of any Atkins Bar 5-Pack and any Atkins Shake 4-Pack.
- A handy little 64-page Carb Counter that shares acceptable food lists, along with a few chain restaurant selections.
- A coupon good for a FREE Atkins Frozen Entree (I reviewed three here)
- An Atkins Advantage Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar (This one was my least fave, but at 240 calories and 2 net carbs, it’s an option in an emergency)
- An Atkins Snack/Light Meal Caramel Chocolate Peanut Nougat Bar (This one was really nice, and is only 180 calories and 3 net carbs)
- An Atkins Endulge Treat Caramel Nut Chewy Bar (Two of us fought over who got to eat the last third of this one. I lost. Only 130 calories and 2 net carbs)
All in all, it’s a great kit. With a lot of information and $6 in special offer coupons, if you’re just starting Atkins and need information to get you started quickly (and you don’t have access to any of the older Atkins’ books), this guide will get you started in a jiff.
A tip? Don’t eat all of the bars in a sitting.
Now on to how I’ve been doing with my weight loss and continued sussing out of foods to which I’m intolerant or allergic to… Be sure to do your thing. I am thrilled share my progress and thoughts, but I’m not the person you should necessarily look to for dieting advice (I’m not a paid nosh-a-titian). Be sure to subscribe for updates by adding your email right (in the sidebar) or through Feedburner in the title bar up top. You can also click the tab up top that says Mid-Year Resolution for regular updates.
I ate this:
Breakfast: Plantain chips (review coming next week) + soup (recipe coming soon)
Snack: More Plantain chips (I am getting these out of the house. They’re too addicting!)
Lunch: More soup (I think I see a pattern forming)
Dinner: Taco Star chipless nachos
Notes: I am so losing track of the days. I keep numbering at the top and the number was off (again) since I began my low-carbohydrate journey to imperfection again on August 31 of 2012. My count has me starting at the end of August and puts me now at Day 154, and somehow I’d skipped to the 160’s!
What I learned:
Pre-proportioning snacks makes a difference. And when it doubt, get it out (of the house).